SOLVED New XiVo install w Incredible PBX

MarkPrattPBX

Reaction score
ok, so I have pulled my hair out all day on this

I am a total geek and do computers/network/medical informatics for a living, and I am just stumped

1. I have my router open port 5060 forwarding to the xivo box
2. I have checked sip settings, trunk settings, and contexts multiple times over

NOW, I have even paid for and set up a new Vitelity account with new dids, and now, I am getting incoming calls, but no ringback, and outbound calls are not working

the vitelity panel shows the sip trunk registered

I am stumped

It has to be with the contexts or some port is being blocked....

would fail2ban be blocking something?

I am almost giving up and going back to the Incredible PBX, but my OCD wont let me

Hahaha

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Fail2Ban doesn't block ports except when there are failed logins. I don't work with your router, but it may be that you need to forward UDP 10000-20000 (the RTP port range) as well as SIP UDP 5060. Most routers handle this automatically, but it's worth a try. If you have the option on the router of placing a device on the public port, you might try that as well.

MarkPrattPBX

Reaction score
I opened 10000-20000. A call successfully came through, but it took 30 seconds before the phone started ring, but two way audio worked

It has to be something simple

1. In each of the contexts, should any of the "include subcontexts" be included?
2. Should there be any users listed in any the contexts?
3. In my incoming context, I have the 10 and 11 length DIDs and also 700-799, is this correct?
4. in my outgoing context, I do not have any "incoming calls" listed is that correct?
5. in my outgoing call management, I only have 10 digit DID in the Exten, is that correct?
6. I think the default context may not be set correctly in my settings, what should it have in it ?
My asterisk log is showing "to extension "phone#" rejected because extension not in default context

MarkPrattPBX

Reaction score
Ward, need one last favor and I think we have it

1. I saw in the log the system was hanging on the execution of the nv-cid-suprafecta php script
I removed all code from the conf file, and all calls started incoming with no ring delay
so, step by step I removed parts of the cid-superfecta.conf file, when I took out this one section, all rings works instantly:

[xivo-subrgbl-did]
exten = s,1,NoOp(### DID Incoming Call Subroutine ###)
same = n,NoOp(Calling FROM: ${XIVO_SRCNUM})
same = n,NoOp(Blacklist: ${DB(blacklist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})})
same = n,GotoIf($[${LEN(${DB(blacklist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})}))} > 1]?byebye)
same = n,GoSub(cid-superfecta,s,1)
same = n(return),Return()
same = n(byebye),Answer
same = n,Congestion

Is there a way to verify the contents of this configuration?

2. I added "to-exten" and "from-extern" to the default context, and outgoing call started working
3. success on in and out calls!!!!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You should have nv-cid-superfecta.php in /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin AND cid-superfecta.conf in /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra.d. Open both of the files and examine them for damage. The [cid-superfecta] context inside cid-superfecta.conf should look like this:
Code:
[cid-superfecta]
exten = s,1,NoOp(### CallerID Superfecta ###)
same = n,AGI(nv-cid-superfecta.php,${XIVO_SRCNUM},0-1-2-3)
same = n,NoOp(CID Result: ${CIDNAME})
same = n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CIDNAME})
same = n,NoOp(Caller ID ALL: ${CALLERID(all)})
same = n,NoOp(Caller ID NUM: ${CALLERID(num)})
same = n,NoOp(Caller ID NAME: ${CALLERID(name)})

If everything looks OK, try running the following command and then place an inbound call after putting the [xivo-subrgbl-did] context back in cid-superfecta.conf:
Code:
asterisk -rx "database put blacklist 9999999988 FCC"

Better yet, pass along a log snippet of what you observed when the calls hang. Thanks.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
By the way, you're using an older version of the code. The current context looks like this but both should work fine. You just won't have WhiteList support:
Code:
[xivo-subrgbl-did]
exten = s,1,NoOp(### DID Incoming Call Subroutine ###)
same = n,NoOp(Blacklist: ${DB(blacklist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})})
same = n,NoOp(Whitelist: ${DB(whitelist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})})
same = n,GotoIf($[${LEN(${DB(whitelist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})}))} > 1]?keepon)
same = n,GotoIf($[${LEN(${DB(blacklist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})}))} > 1]?byebye)
same = n(keepon),GoSub(cid-superfecta,s,1)
same = n(byebye),Answer
same = n,Congestion

MarkPrattPBX

Reaction score
the code all looks ok, it just hangs, but finally returns a valid CID after 30 seconds.....

MarkPrattPBX

Reaction score
ok, i entered in opencnam api credentials and all is well, so maybe lower portion of the script was hanging it somewhere

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunamoonlit
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.