SOLVED New Ubuntu 14.04 Installs Fail

ChiefGyk

Reaction score
So I install a fresh setup of Incredible PBX 11 and 13 and both to no success on a Digital Ocean droplet with 1GB of RAM. I prefer to work in an Ubuntu/Debian environment as I know it more intimately, however I am unfamiliar with Incredible PBX

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Need a better hint than that if you need help.

ChiefGyk

Reaction score
All it gives at the end is this
root/wolfram/wolframalpha-oneclick.sh
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

But I don't know where the logs are for installation are exactly despite poking around for a little bit

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@ChiefGyk: Found the bug. Ubuntu "improved" something. Restarting a service that wasn't running used to be a harmless warning message. Now it's a deal breaker. And there are more surprises. Testing fixes now.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Really nasty MySQL bug introduced in latest Ubuntu 14.04 updates. In a nutshell, you can't start or stop MySQL without hanging the system. We've worked around it by spawning MySQL starts and stops in the installer and in halt and reboot scripts. Latest Incredible PBX installers have the fixes.

WARNING: Do NOT run apt-get upgrade before installing Incredible PBX. That breaks things, too. We now run it as the last step of the install.

Here's the proper install sequence. Uncomment the swapfile line below for 512MB droplets at Digital Ocean:

Code:
cd /root
apt-get update
touch COPYING
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx13-12.2-ubuntu14.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx*
apt-get install dialog
#./create-swapfile-DO
./Incredible*

CmnZm9gXYAAhC1f.jpg

Last edited:

ChiefGyk

Reaction score
Cool I am installing it as we speak and will report back. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.