NEED MORE INFO New PIAF install-can't register extermal phone

jolebole

Reaction score
Hello fellow VOIP enthusiasts. I've been free PBX user for a long time and I slowly want to migrate all my production PBXs to PIAF. But first I have to learn the tricks in this distro. I have few PIAF VMs at home and they all work great. Yesterday I installed a PIAF on a Cload-At-Cost CentOS VM and after the install I can login to the GUI and Webmin but I can't register a phone. I tried with Zoiper with no success. I stopped the IPtables and Fail2Ban services and I still cant register. I tried setting up the ext as NAT=yes, got no result. In freePBX I had the system admin module and there I could see if an IP got banned or not. Here I cant.

How can I see if my IP was banned or not and how can I whiltelist known IPs? My public IP is already allowed in the IP table rules.

PS: Its good to see that the PIAF is locked really well from all sides :)

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Which GUI? The PBX or Cloud at Cost?

If you can see the PBX GUI, then you should be able to tell what is Registered or not, including whether any of your trunks are available. With IPtables running, you'll need to add the IPs of the VoIP providers as well as the public IP of where your extensions are connecting from.

Which tutorial did you use, and did you follow it to a Tee??

Back to you...

jolebole

Reaction score
I used this guide http://nerdvittles.com/?p=16791. Clean CentOS6.7 install and then ran the PIAF script. The IP tables rules already have my public IP. I can login to the GUI of Incredible PBX and Webmin. But when I try to register a soft phone ext it fails.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.