New Kennonsoft UI Update Fix for ALL Browsers

ukstevef

Guru
Reaction score
When browsing the main menu using Firefox 4.0b13pre I get duplicate icons

pbx_menu.png

The same issue is exhibited with Chromium 9.0.597.94.

I appreciate that FF4 is still pre-beta, but any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

Update

BTW - Forgot to mention running PIAF v1.4

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We're seeing something similar with Chrome 10.0.648.114:

piaf-menu-bug.gif

We'll pass it along to KennonSoft and see if it can be addressed. Thanks.

ukstevef

Guru
Reaction score
We'll pass it along to KennonSoft and see if it can be addressed. Thanks.
Well after a brief poke under the hood I have a hack that works for me.

The function to modify is in /var/www/html/welcome/scripts/moolib.js

I added a check before setting the radio value, and forced the duration to the default value of 100

PHP:
    goTo: function(value, duration){
        var cursor = (value==0) ? 'e-resize' : 'w-resize';
        this.handle.setStyle('cursor', cursor);
        duration = 100; //duration || this.duration;
        this.handle.set('morph', {duration:duration});
        this.handle.morph({
            'left' : this.maxscroll*value,
            'opacity' : 1
        });

this.mvalue = value;

// Check if value is set
        if (this.type == 'radio' && value)
        { 
        this.radio_el[value].checked = true;
        }

// KSC: Notify client of changes
        this.fireEvent('updated', this.mvalue);
    }

ukstevef

Guru
Reaction score
More detailed solution

Didn't work in my version of Google Chrome.
I had to force a cache refresh in my chrome before it worked. Of course YMMV :banghead:

Edit
Just upgraded my Chromium to "10.0.648.114 (75702) Ubuntu 10.10" and this also works on my 1.4 system with the above patch.

For completeness, I have attached a diff
Code:
$ diff -u2 orig-moolib.js moolib.js 
--- orig-moolib.js    2008-07-07 21:51:36.000000000 +0100
+++ moolib.js    2011-02-24 20:57:53.055072045 +0000
@@ -126,5 +126,5 @@
         var cursor = (value==0) ? 'e-resize' : 'w-resize';
         this.handle.setStyle('cursor', cursor);
-        duration = duration || this.duration;
+        duration = 100; //duration || this.duration;
         this.handle.set('morph', {duration:duration});
         this.handle.morph({
@@ -134,8 +134,13 @@

this.mvalue = value;
+
+        // Check if value is set
+        if (this.type == 'radio' && value)
+        { 
         this.radio_el[value].checked = true;
+        }

// KSC: Notify client of changes
         this.fireEvent('updated', this.mvalue);
     }

ukstevef

Guru
Reaction score
Didn't work in my version of Google Chrome.
Hi Ward,
I have just installed 1.7.5.5 purple to test the patch against.
It worked for both Firefox4 and Chrome.

Which versions do you have ?

MaqAttaq

Guru
Reaction score
While it works in Firefox 4.0b12 and other browsers, it doesn't take the admin password when you switch to the admin functions in Google Chrome... the password box just stays. We're looking at replacing that page altogether with something that will offer better control over what buttons are shown between different levels of authentication.

ukstevef

Guru
Reaction score
While it works in Firefox 4.0b12 and other browsers, it doesn't take the admin password when you switch to the admin functions in Google Chrome...
I am not seeing that behaviour on Chrome on my machine :-(

I was able to enter my password and then get taken to the admin screen.

Socs28

Reaction score
Ie9

FYI, a similar, although slightly different look shows up in IE9. Applying these changes fixes it for that as well. How do I use the diff file so as to not have to make the edit manually each time?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Kennonsoft has updated the code and provided the following comments. Now all we need is a few, good Pioneers...

Didn’t have time (yet) to overhaul the menu experience itself, however, did make these changes to update the existing one:

- HTML5 / CSS3 framework w/extended CSS reset for future needs
- Deprecated support for older browsers down to IE6
- Removed RSS feed scrollbar effect, normal scrollbar for now (still looking for a decent one without adding too much overhead)
- Converted from MooTools to the latest release of jQuery Web 2.0 library
- Reorganized code locations inside the “welcome” folder for better clarity/management later on
- Confirmed operation under FF3.5/3.6 , Chrome 8/9/10, IE8/9, Safari 5 (pretty confident for IE6/IE7, FF3.0, & Safari 4)

Attached, should be ready to go. Upgrade process consists of deleting everything except the .htindex.cfg & .htindex.dat files in the “/var/www/html/welcome” folder as they have the users current config – then upload new files. Done.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Worked like a charm.

Don't have that double logo on the welcome screen anymore when using chrome.

Gary

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Downloaded and applied new Kennosoft v3.0 on Firefox 3.6.15 and Opera 10.60 running on Ubuntu. The Main Menu worked great but I ran into two problems:

1. Installation problem: I tried installing using Webmin - Others - Upload and Download tool. It allows you to upload the tgz file to the server's /var/www/html directory and extract the files using the user:group that you select.

I set the user:group to asterisk:asterisk and it would not let me extract the files - came up with a file descriptor error. I figure it is because you must be the root user to install into /var/www/html. So I tried to install as root. This caused all the extracted files to be root:root, so I had to chown to asterisk:asterisk on all /var/www/html files and /welcome and recursively - quite a pain in the butt!

2. Second problem appears in FreePBX and Webmin. The top graphic bar which normally shows a Main Menu button now shows just underlined text: "Main Menu : X" - the links work fine, just the graphics are missing.

This is using PiaF 1.7.5.5, FreepBX 2.6.0.5, Asterisk 1.6.2.15

ksDevGuy

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! Specifically:

1) Never tried installing via webmin & the tgz was simply a backup of the files. Was expecting people would delete their files by hand & replace with the new for Ward's quick test. However, if someone wants to repackage to be webmin friendly we'd gladly maintain that format for the final release?

2) Yep, we saw that too - on our list to fix for next "test" update (along with a possible completely new skin/look option for release - time withstanding at work!).

ksDevGuy

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
I think that it would be upgraded via update-fixes and Joe user wouldn't be doing this through Webmin anyways. Last thing we'd want is Joe user mucking around with the /var/www/html directory settings.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Let ksDevGuy focus on the GUI. We'll be glad to do the packaging before it's released. :wink5:

ksDevGuy

Guru
Reaction score
The wrapper menu that shows as a header to allow easy return to the main menu (that is misbehaving in the current test!), simply had the wrong path to the CSS file inside of it. Since I cannot upload here it seems, here is the single line to change in the "_wrapper.htm" file using a text editor -- that is, delete the existing ".css" line near the top and replace with the following:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="welcome/css/style.css?v=1">

ksDevGuy

luckman212

Guru
Reaction score
excellent!! thanks to KennonSoft for your great work on this! I was about to post about how I could no longer log in with any current browser (chrome, FF4, IE4, etc) when I figured I'd search first to see if there were any workarounds.

installed this patch in a few minutes and bam back in business. cheers! :cheers2:

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
This thread also has a solution for the incorrectly formated menu bar. A tad more detail..

Last edited by a moderator:

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
Wow... I feel like an idiot. That is what I get for not reading a thread all the way through...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucky
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.