New install today, PIAF purple on an Intel Atom D525 motherboard, no DVD drive

luckman212

Guru
Reaction score
hi guys,
i'm building a small pbx system today for a friend of mine and will be giving him a nice fresh PIAF purple :crazy:
Platform is an Intel mount washington D525 mobo, 2gb RAM, 160gb hd, and a 4FXS port PCI DAHDI card for a couple of analog cordless phones.

want to start him off right- what's the current 'best practice' for doing a bare-metal 32-bit install on a box with no DVD drive? I was thinking of downloading the latest "pbxinaflash-17562-flashonly.iso" and giving that a whirl but I also noticed that a couple of weeks ago there's a new build out "pbxinaflash-17563.iso" (but no flashonly installer there) so, what's the "right" thing to do? cheers!

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
The Intel D525 mobo has an extra Sata connector on it. Beg or borrow a Sata CD drive and plug it in. You can then load PIAF from a CD. When you are finished, you can take the drive off of the system.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
want to start him off right- what's the current 'best practice' for doing a bare-metal 32-bit install on a box with no DVD drive? I was thinking of downloading the latest "pbxinaflash-17562-flashonly.iso" and giving that a whirl but I also noticed that a couple of weeks ago there's a new build out "pbxinaflash-17563.iso" (but no flashonly installer there) so, what's the "right" thing to do? cheers!

PIAF 1.7.5.6.3 only adds support for Asterisk 10 so you'll be fine using the 1.7.5.6.2 Flash installer.

luckman212

Guru
Reaction score
thanks guys. I had to forge ahead last night, went with the 17562 flashonly iso and shoehorned it onto a 2gb sandisk cruzer with UnetBootin'. Worked a treat and PIAF is up n running now. :thumbsup: have some loose ends to tie up, like the kennonsoft UI fix, and for some reason I keep getting an error on the dashboard after the 2.9 upgrade :

"Symlink from modules failed"
retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/etc/asterisk/ccss.conf from campon/etc
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.
Added 2 seconds ago
(retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)"

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the campon module, as well as running amportal chown but no luck so far. is this as FATAL as they make it sound or just a red herring?

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
If you'll rename /etc/asterisk/ccss.conf to say ccss.conf.bak, the next time you perform "Apply Configuration", it will make the symlink. It can't make the symlink because there is an actual file that currently exists.

luckman212

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Ward. Arg.. well yeah I should have probably read through that before I carelessly upgraded to 2.9. Well there's no turning back now. :crazy: gonna push ahead with 2.9. arg.

edit: ok well at least the campon issue is fixed, renaming the file and restarting amportal wasn't enough, I had to do this:

1) mv /etc/asterisk/ccss.conf /etc/asterisk/ccss.conf.bak
2) freepbx --> uninstall CampOn module
3) apply
4) reinstall CampOn module
5) apply
6) amportal stop
7) amportal start

Then the error was gone! :smile5:

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
edit: ok well at least the campon issue is fixed, renaming the file and restarting amportal wasn't enough, I had to do this:
The reason it didn't work initially: You weren't supposed to do 'amportal stop/start'. You were supposed to "Apply Configuration" in the web interface once you made a configuration change somewhere. There's absolutely no need to uninstall/reinstall the module.

FYI, I should have mentioned earlier that the above also works for the message about /etc/asterisk/chan_dadhi.conf when using the DAHDi configuration module. Just rename the file, make an edit somewhere, and "Apply Configuration".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hezbay
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.