New Install -- I Killed Asteridex...

dandy_don

Reaction score
I just did a re-install from scratch of PIAF Purple (1.7.5.6, Astersisk 1.8.5.0, FreePBX 2.8.1.4).

Before I wiped everything out, I exported asteridex sql database.

Tonight I logged into FreePBX, and tried to import the asteridex database using phpMyAdmin... I got an error, so I removed the existing database and tried importing the database again.

However, I can't get past this error. So I made things worse by going into module admin, removing asteridex and then re-installing it, hoping to at least get back to the "initial" database...

I've followed the instructions (as I understand them to import the database, but no luck... Anyone help please?

I can open the database and read its contents, now asteridex shows data base open failed...

SQL query:
--
-- Database: `asteridex`
--
-- --------------------------------------------------------
--
-- Table structure for table `user1`
--
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `user1` ( `id` mediumint( 9 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`name` varchar( 40 ) NOT NULL default '',
`in` varchar( 40 ) NOT NULL default '*',
`out` varchar( 40 ) NOT NULL default '',
`dialcode` varchar( 5 ) NOT NULL default '',
`email` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `id` ) ,
KEY `name` ( `name` , `in` , `out` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT =91;

MySQL said:
#1046 - No database selected

dandy_don

Reaction score
OK -- I found the original Asteridex 4.0 tutorial and executed /var/www/html/asteridex4/mysql ./loadmysql.sh

And I now have a database again. I still need to import the saved database...

dandy_don

Reaction score
I keep getting this error... And the database is not updating

#1054 - Unknown column 'email' in 'field list'

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Make sure you have an email field in both databases. Size and type need to be the same.

dandy_don

Reaction score
I also can't edit the newly installed "generic" database -- I guess I need a new password?

dandy_don

Reaction score
Thanks Ward!

Yes -- I see this now.. The older database that I wanted to restore has the email field, and the existing database does not. Gives me something else to tinker with!;)

dandy_don

Reaction score
Ward -- Just one dumb question... I can't edit the newly installed "default" database. Do I need to change the password? If so, can you give me a hint? I don't want to toast the server.

Thanks,
Don

dandy_don

Reaction score
I'm a bonehead...

First off -- I'm a bonehead! I'm in a 12-step program for recovering boneheads... Perhaps this posting will keep someone else from making my dumb mistakes.

Ward -- Thanks! You provided the "missing clue" that I needed. There were several errors that I was making...

I had previously exported the Asteridex database and had saved it for use later.

After installing purple on a new box, I immediately tried importing the saved Asteridex database. However, I got an error -- some conflict between the installed database and the database I wanted to install... So, trying to be clever, I removed the installed database and continued to get other errors.

After a handful of unsuccessful attempt to import the saved database, I gave up on that approach... :confused5:

Next, I removed Asteridex completely and re-installed, thinking this would at least get me back to working Asteridex database that I could manually edit. This worked partly, but I couldn't administer the Asteridex database...

Now, more frustrated, I was convinced that this was a permissions issue and proceeded down that path...

Then yesterday, I got out the asteridex article that (I believe) Ward authored, and read through it again. I had last read it about 18 months ago. Asteridex had worked so well for so long that I had forgotten that I needed to change the network settings in order to enable administration of the database itself... :lol:

My LAN is 10.10., not 192.168. as is the default...

I fixed that and was now back to a working (editable) database! :smile5:

Then, "feeling lucky" and using the clue that Ward provided about the database fields, I took a closer look. I merely needed to add the "email address" field to the currently installed database, and the import went smoothly and now the saved master database is imported and all is well again with Asteridex!! :cool:

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.