New Conference Bridge: Try It

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've created a new Conference Bridge for those that would prefer to chat about a problem. You must be a registered user of the forum to access it. See the attached file for instructions. It's a free SIP call using either a SIP URI or ISN.

WHEN YOU NEED HELP, just post a reply in this thread indicating that you're on line. If someone is available to assist, they will join the conference within a minute or two.

Attachments

• conference.txt
    268 bytes · Views: 332

angoyr

Guru
Reaction score
Ward,

Let me be one of the first to say thanks to you and the team for this genius of an idea and for all you are doing for the community.

This will certainly bring the community closer together and eliminate a lot of frustration for those who need to talk to someone about a problem.

There is however, somewhat of a "speedbump" when it comes to dealing with members from other parts of the world that can write some English but cannot speak much of it? For me it is very frustrating trying to help someone when I don't understand a word they are saying. I'm hopeful that that would be worked out and the most helpful and friendly forum continues to lead the pack.

Thanks again,

Robin A.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Language could be a potential issue particularly for most lazy Americans that only speak one. :crazy: Perhaps in posting here for help, you should also indicate the language(s) you can understand.

We also need agreement that, when a problem is resolved, the caller will post the issue and solution on the forums for the benefit of everyone else.

The motivation for creating the Conference Bridge grew out of a concern that some complex issues just take too long to sort out in the back-and-forth dialogue on the forums. If you're in a crunch to get resolution of a problem, sometimes that can be frustrating. So... we hope this helps in those situations. We don't want conferencing used because someone is simply too lazy to RTFM!

Finally, from time to time, we think this will be useful in discussing some topics that need immediate feedback and a consensus from our users.

ladiesnhan

Reaction score
This is a great way to provide support. Much less typing and probably better response times compared to our IRC chat right now. We need to start building up that group more.

Anyways I am online if someone can assist me with a simple problem.

lmisteus

Reaction score
Hi

It seems the 1061 PIN is not good , upon entering it I hear the message: "That PIN is invalid"

Lesly

chemcat9

Guru
Reaction score
[quote]"WHEN YOU NEED HELP, just post a reply in this thread indicating that you're on line. If someone is available to assist, they will join the conference within a minute or two.[/quote]

If someone is available (although I keep having to dial 1061*1061, I connect then the call is dropped after approx. 60 seconds).

Thanks in advance,

Ralph.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
"Were sorry but everyone is busy with their own projects at the moment! Please try again later" ...

chemcat9

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the response ... I'm not sure I'm even connecting to the conference bridge.

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Anyone around?

Anyone around for a basic question? Having trouble with a BT200 Grandstream phone.

Reaction score
Judging by the posts in this thread, it appears to not have worked for some time.

I suspect it was discontinued due to lack of interest.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Anonymous SIP got too dangerous. Sorry. We're working on another approach that would transfer the risk outside our wallet.

luckman212

Guru
Reaction score
Hi Ward, did you ever figure out a safe way to get this going again? I just saw it (yeah better late than never :smile5: ) and dialed it right up only to quickly realize it was dead.

would be great to have this imo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.