TIPS Need Billing Platform Solution (Open source/Paid)

Ashay Choudhary

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone,
I am a newbie in VoIP technology. And I have successfully created my free PBX server on a shared vps with the help of one of the Nerd Vittels post (thank you so much).
I intend to become a VoIP reseller and for that I need a handsome billing platform where I can manage all the billing and customer related issues. I googled alot, found two of the leading billing platform providers named a2billing and astpp. while a2billing is AGPL licensed and very costly for me to afford for installation. The second one is ASTPP which is open-source but has no stable platform for DIY and also their support is poor. I've mailed them to render their services like a 4-5 days back and they haven't got back to me (till this post).
Now what I want is that if you can please recommend me any good stable and cheap VoIP billing solution or if you could please help me out in solving this billing issue, I'll be really thankful to you guys here.
Also please let me know about your consultation charges if you work out by yourself on the same. :).
you can contact me here on messages or reply to this thread.

Thanks and regards
Ashay Choudhary

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I've used A2B in the past and it is open source and free to do. I haven't dealt with it in a few years, but their forum offered decent support and there are several write-ups about how to install it yourself if you google around. I think someone even created a script for it working with PIAF, although I'm sure the script probably needs updated. If you're handy, I would think you could figure it out and that might be the way to go.

I went to ITexpo in Ft. Lauderdale last week and that is one of the products I was searching for. A nice fancy front end billing platform and I really didn't find it. I found a couple, but they were for large players with a 3-4K / month expenditure (taking 1-2% - meaning you had to be at about 300K monthly sales for it to be there).

If you find a good solution, paid or not that's reasonable, please post, I'm interested in seeing it :)

Ashay Choudhary

Reaction score
Just got my A2b configured and running properly (so far) on a vps but now the thing is, i've got asterisk realtime in it with freepbx as well. whereas my actual freepbx server is different which is having traffic and extensions configured. I am not able to figure out how can i integrate both the servers so that all the calls being made through the freepbx server gets billed on this separate server. Someone over google just suggested that you can actually point out its mysql to use that servers mysql as database. but that didn't get inside my head :(. Also I am still not able to figure out that how this whole thing will work.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

"I am not able to figure out how can i integrate both the servers so that all the calls being made through the freepbx server gets billed on this separate server"

Simply create an account in A2Billing, this will provide VOIP settings to put into your FreePBX system, then the calls go SIP from FreePBX on one server to your A2Billing server, and then are least cost routed to your carriers.

Joe

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Just got my A2b configured and running properly (so far) on a vps but now the thing is, i've got asterisk realtime in it with freepbx as well. whereas my actual freepbx server is different which is having traffic and extensions configured. I am not able to figure out how can i integrate both the servers so that all the calls being made through the freepbx server gets billed on this separate server.

And Joe Roper who replied above is the voice of A2B and I worked with him for a few years when I was doing callback. Good guy, and you'll get good assistance there.

Ashay Choudhary

Reaction score
Hi

"I am not able to figure out how can i integrate both the servers so that all the calls being made through the freepbx server gets billed on this separate server"

Simply create an account in A2Billing, this will provide VOIP settings to put into your FreePBX system, then the calls go SIP from FreePBX on one server to your A2Billing server, and then are least cost routed to your carriers.

Joe
Thank you so much for the reply Sir! Is there any wiki on a2billing.org for a step by step direction. though it is quite a bit clear to me. I'll keep the thread posted :)
Thanks once again

Ashay Choudhary

Reaction score
Got it done. ODBC and asterisk real time were missing. Got it working. Thanks for the help though. But i forgot to Paper the work i did. But i'll try to share the step by step procedure i opted.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Got it done. ODBC and asterisk real time were missing. Got it working. Thanks for the help though. But i forgot to Paper the work i did. But i'll try to share the step by step procedure i opted.

Yeah - would like to see

Reaction score
I also am looking into something like this as well and would like to know what you did to get everything up and going

Ashay Choudhary

Reaction score
Hi

Joe

SO i should put all the trunks into my A@B servers and should put the A2B server trunks to my pbx server and this is how it goes. Am I correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.