Munin Install Now Fails

boynas

Reaction score
I have tried to install munin several times using the "install-munin" script.. and it doesn't work.

The log says that it has installed everything, but in the www/html/maint/munin/ folder, there is no index.htm or php file only a style.css and a folder called cgi/

Any ideas? munin service is working, and munin.conf at /etc/munin/ points to the right folders.

Really, really... is there a problem? is always the same since a couple of months ago.

thanks!

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Interesting. I believe that munin has been updated at the repository level and some things have changed. Will look into it.

Tom

dodgly

Reaction score
Double-check that path. I noticed in my /etc/munin/munin.conf a problem on line 7. I confirmed the munin html path to /var/www/html/maint/munin and updated the config file.

As I recall the default munin.conf had either html or maint missing from the path.

Hope that helps.

--Lyle

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
ya the install-munin does not work anymore, verified on 3 different boxes :(

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
ya, correcting the path in /etc/munin/munin.conf started generating the html files

boynas

Reaction score
verify that the path was wrong

I've verified the file /etc/munin/munin.conf and "html" was missing

I changed it to:

/var/www/html/maint/munin

I restarted munin by:

service munin-node restart and I can't still see anything in:

http://ip-address/maint/munin

I don't know if I need to restart something else, and I can't restart the box right now.

It might just need some time to gather info so I am going to wait.

There is no index file or anything in the "/var/www/html/maint/munin" folder.

Thanks for your help.

boynas

Reaction score
Confirmed it WORKS!!

It works and is so cool that I didn't have to wait a long time. I have stats from the day that I first installed it. (obviously because the nodes where gathering info.

Question though. I can't see any SIP related graphics. Like "sip channels/codecs" or "sip registered peers"

Any ideas

I can see the sip related plugins in the /etc/munin/plugins/ directory but I don't see anything that I could change.

dolesec

Reaction score
the install is hosing the munin.conf

mine had the this for the html directory ...
htmldir /var/www/maint/maint/munin

changed to ....
/var/www/html/maint/munin

all was well after that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.