QUESTION Monitoring and alerts

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have a script which monitors number of calls in progress or active channels etc and emails alerts? Now and then when someone is trying hard to get at one of my public facing systems they'll generate 60 or 70 active channels (way more than normal use) and it would be useful to get alerted so I can blacklist their IP. (Travelin' man etc aren't workable for this solution).

Appreciate any ideas, otherwise I'm going to get something written.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Somewhere in my memory banks I remember someone posting something here, or seeing it somewhere, that you could monitor various things in Asterisk with Nagios.

Cynjut

Reaction score
Nagios can do this without breaking a sweat.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
This was an old thread but thanks for reminding me - I installed that and it worked nicely but I need something to monitor every 5 minutes and alert if there's more than 20 calls in progress . . . because it indicates a hack. I am not clever on the programming side so I can't figure out how to get it to if calls are greater than 5 then email admin . . .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.