GO HERE Migrating from Incredible PBX on Freepbx to XIVO

Paul Rowell

Reaction score
I have been watching the excitement around XIVO for several weeks and have been wondering what this means for the future of Incredible PBX (FreePBX). Would it be correct to say that the future of IPBX is XIVO?

If so, I for one would like to get ready for a migration of our existing FreePBX based system.

Currently I'm going through the Independence Day installation procedure and have got to the stage of setting up a trunk - what would be really useful is a guide that tells me how to create a trunk using the information from my existing PBX. I'm sure over time it will become second nature but for now it would be great if there was something similar to what people came up with when for example the interface of Microsoft Office changed to the Ribbon menu!!!

stanjohn

Not quite right
Reaction score
I have been trying XiVO I have seen enough features to know I want it. It doesn't map well to the FreePBX model except that asterisk is under the hood. It would be better if I didn't know FreePBX. To add to my confusion this is also my first experience with hosted VM something I also want. My plan B would be to drop back to FreePBX and VM but if I go that way it would be too easy.

To be fair FreePBX was a big stretch for me several years ago. It would help me if I had more experience with plain asterisk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.