QUESTION Making global changes to sip.cfg

signal15

Reaction score
I click on the pen icon next to a phone, and then click the pen icon next to sip.cfg. When I make changes to it and save it, it generates the new sip.cfg when I rebuild the config for that phone. But, if I rebuild a config for another phone, it generates the old sip.cfg without my changes.

I get that sip.cfg is global. But it seems that the changes I make to it doing this method are on a per phone basis. Am I missing something?

signal15

Reaction score
Ok, I just went into the OSS Endpoint Advanced Settings, and used the Product Configuration Editor to edit sip.cfg there. This appears to have globally modified the file. Is this the correct way to do it?

It does say that an update could overwrite my changes. Is there a way to do a custom file which would have my custom settings and have it be included globally to avoid having it get overwritten?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.