SUGGESTIONS Looking for a DECT IP/SIP Phone

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
with 3 handsets. Looking for recommendations for what works well in a residential setting with IPBX on a RasPI2.

Thanks!

wa4zlw

Reaction score
I have a Grandstream DP715 with three handsets. I've configured all the handsets as one extension. Work well and has good audio. I think you can have two simultaneous connections if set for multiple extensions (one per handset). GS is coming out with a newer DECT cordless which I am hoping to test soon.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Yealink W52P will allow 5 handsets to register and 4 simultaneous calls on 1 base unit for 4 W52Hs.

The W52 base unit can be powered by PoE or power supply but not both at the same time, this gives you the option of hiding the base unit in location and not having to worry about having to trail a power supply to it.

We used to supply DP715s, but moved to W52s two years ago

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
I wound up buying a Panasonic KX-TGP600 and 2 additional KX-TPA60 and a desk set (KX-TPA65).

So far so good, easily set up and registered to IPBX. Waiting on the desk phone to show up (should be tomorrow).

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
The Panasonic and Yealink ones are both good. The Grandstream ones have all had long term quality issues for me - from the half dozen I've installed it's resulted in 4 failures within a year. Not good.

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
So far, so good. Will post a more detailed review later. Wound up buying an additional KX-TPA60 for the wife's side of the bed.

I'm impressed with how easy this was to set up .

rchalk

Reaction score
Right now I use an analog system with an ATA, but would like to move to SIP-DECT. If multiple handsets are set up as a single extension, can a second user just pick up a call already in progress just by hitting the talk button (like on an analog system)?

Thanks

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
No. You'd need to use the conference feature. (AFAIK, to the best of my knowledge)

wa4zlw

Reaction score
I am on the beta test for the new DP750. They said it should ship next week and it takes a week to traverse the country since it ships from the west coast. They said they're working on finalizing firmware right now.

once i get one I'll let everyone know.

Leon

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea why I wouldn't get call-waiting via the Panasonic?

All the options SEEM to be set in Asterisk / FPBX / IPBX

compuguy1088

Reaction score
I am on the beta test for the new DP750. They said it should ship next week and it takes a week to traverse the country since it ships from the west coast. They said they're working on finalizing firmware right now.

once i get one I'll let everyone know.

Leon
Any updates on the Granstream DP750?

wa4zlw

Reaction score
hi there...the beta is over for about a month or so. made some improvements in the firmware nice handset, solid, good audio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.