TIPS "Lean-Mean" on VMware

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
Which versions of Linux to choose on a VMware setup? There's no Scientific Linux listed, maybe Other(32) or Other(64) for the Linux options. Both Centos and Rhel are listed, one of those? Is the ISO a 32bit OS or 64bit?

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
Hmm, it's configured as default of vmxnet3.

Since VMware with the VMXNET3 card owns much more of the network components even inside the VM there are many performance enhancements that could done. With the emulated E1000/E1000E the kernel has to mimic the exact behavior of existing adapters to the guest but with the VMXNET3 it could create a “perfect” virtual adapter optimized to be used in a virtual environment
I have another Lean install using this config for the last few months, no issues that I can tell.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
If it worked with the iso before, then it should be fine. It didn't when I first tested the iso, changed the nic and all was well (but I was able to change to vmxnet3 after install) . Haven't tried recently. Might have coincidentally been something other than the nic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.