DEAL JS200-FX Appliance GVoice $35

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
JS200-FX: Quite impressive. Includes WiFi router + firewall. Uses Asterisk-GUI. Includes 2 FXS ports and config option for 2 Google Voice trunks: username, password, done. Testing it now...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
$89.95 + $15 shipping. Click on the image for details. Or keep reading for incredible price.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Interesting. $105. But it's kinda a "wayback machine." Asterisk 1.4. 802.11 b/g only. 10/100 only...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
B__G71UWgAAs9Fv.jpg:large

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
$89.95 plus $15 shipping... a very attractive price, for what it delivers.

Since you have one on order, I would be curious to hear about the performance, in terms of GUI responsiveness. The spec suggests a maximum of 4 concurrent calls, which would probably put the processor on par with the original Pi, no?

Still, a guy "just has to have one". Gals are much more skeptical. That said, I think I'll order one anyway!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
$89.95 plus $15 shipping... a very attractive price, for what it delivers.

Since you have one on order, I would be curious to hear about the performance, in terms of GUI responsiveness. The spec suggests a maximum of 4 concurrent calls, which would probably put the processor on par with the original Pi, no?

Still, a guy "just has to have one". Gals are much more skeptical. That said, I think I'll order one anyway!

I've already received one. Takes about 15 seconds to save an updated config to NVRAM. Not too bad. Web interface is snappy as you'd expect with Asterisk-GUI. Only drawback is everything is locked down pretty tight. No SSH access. No easy way to add custom voice prompts or anything else. In fact, the link to order custom prompts blows up. Time zone setup requires a download from their web site. That actually works. No voicemail support other than on the two supported Google Voice accounts with Google's voicemail, but STT works great.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Google Voice works like a champ. Outbound: use 941 prefix for GoogleVoice_1 and 942 for GoogleVoice_2. Incoming: maps to existing 's' default Inbound Route. Google Voicemail Access: Dial 41 for GoogleVoice_1 or 42 for GoogleVoice_2. I've got the box plugged in behind a router/firewall and set up Networking in Access Point mode. So you hardwire the device to your router and then you can access the GUI via its own WiFi or using the DHCP address assigned by your router once you enable Remote Admin in the device's firewall. Very well designed software unlike the Grandstream PBX implementation.

CAAOetLXIAAHaLt.jpg:large

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
If the Asterisk GUI was ported to ARM processors, you could match the functionality for a slightly lower price with a Pogoplug V4 ($19) + 8gb SD card ($9.00) + USB Wifi ($10) + Linksys RTP300 2 port FXS + 4 port router ($15.00 on eBay) + a TP-Link TL-WR702N nano router to add wifi to the RTP300 ($19.00) = $72 and a lot more flexible, functional and expandable. And I'm sure someone could buy this even lower (say by $20) if they purchased used or directly from Asia with generic or less known manufacturers.

Edit: I just realized with the RTP300's 4 ports available, if you buy the TP-Link nano router, you don't need the USB wifi for the Pogoplug so the price goes down to $62.00.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Very true. But for Grandma or a vacation home or a rental unit or any non-techie where you want to provide "phone service" with plain old telelphones and transcribed voicemail via email, this self-contained little box will be hard to beat.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
@JayDeal

Yes, but...

Here you get all that "stuff" in one self-contained package, and only one power cord. It also "looks" more like an appliance, versus a bunch of odds and ends duct-taped together. I'd rather spend the few extra bucks, personally, but to each his own, certainly.

Jay Deal

Reaction score
@JayDeal

Yes, but...

Here you get all that "stuff" in one self-contained package, and only one power cord. It also "looks" more like an appliance, versus a bunch of odds and ends duct-taped together. I'd rather spend the few extra bucks, personally, but to each his own, certainly.

Yes true but if you can put something like that together with separate components with all the redundancies e.g. power supplies, cables, etc and it's cheaper by at least a 1/3 than something is wrong with the price. It is unique I will give it that. I would think $65 is more marketable.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
What's this box good for when google voice ends, and it will end, it has no voice mail and is only big enough for home use, so pbx features with no voice mail for home is not to appealing when other small devices have voice mail. Now if it can be rooted and reloaded you may have something.

gary.

Jay Deal

Reaction score
you can buy a cordless phone with voicemail for next to nothing these days, and it plugs into this appliance in seconds.

You dated yourself, the search query in eBay came up as "cordless phone answering machine". Does anyone under 40 remember what an "answering machine" was? Along with that, even then, would they know where you could buy "micro-cassettes" as replacements and what brands were available?

Come to think of it, as clunky and limited as those device were, maybe they ARE best forgotten LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.