AWAITING FEEDBACK IVR dialing to a IAX2 connected system

edlentz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a school district that has 5 locations. I installed Freepbx 13 (latest versions) on all the boxes. We have a PRI as our source of inbound calls. I have an IVR setup for ALL calls. Dialing from that IVR to the local box is fine. Dialing from that IVR is immediately disconected or a message indicates that an incorrect entry is made. I was given a piece of code to put in the extensions_custom.conf that works for version 12. But it will not work for 13. Here is the code:

[from-did-direct-ivr-custom] exten => _XXXX,1,Noop(Entering user defined context [from-did-direct-ivr-custom] in extensions_custom.conf) exten => _XXXX,n,goto(outbound-allroutes,${EXTEN},1)

What can I do to make this work? We are using Asterisk 13 BTW

Thanks for any ideas

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Having no dial plan conflicts, my asterisk 11 works out of the box dialing remote extensions from an IVR without any custom code.
Don't have an asterisk 13 in production with IAX2 trunks to try.

edlentz

Reaction score
Just to be clear. We are dialing (or hope to dial) extensions on a remote system through an IVR. Not just a extension at a remote location.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
If you have the IVR option "Direct Dial = Extensions" enabled, no dial plan conflicts, and outbound routes .
Dial your remote extension during the announcement

are you in the ivr at a remote and trying to dial another remote extension?

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
What context do you use for the IAX2 tie-line trunks?

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Use from-internal (or a subset) or you won't have direct access to your IVR's

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
my setup works great for the 3 different customers with a total 8 routes (sites)

edlentz

Reaction score
I am trying to dial from a DID on a PRI in an IVR with Direct Dial enabled to an extension on another system over an IAX connection. The context in the trunk setup is context=from-internal in both the outgoing and incoming settings. Should I set that context to context=from-trunk ??

edlentz

Reaction score
Well, I tried the spreadsheet approach creating a new trunk on two of the systems. System A has the PRI and system B doesn't. Both systems reported that they were connected to each other. I assigned the new trunk to the outgoing route for system B on system A. When I called the DID and got the IVR on System A I dialed an extension on System B, I was immediately disconnected. The only thing that I did different in using the spreadsheet was use the same username & secret for both the new trunks. Otherwise all is the same as when I started. I cannot dial a distant extension on another system using the IVR.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
What does the asterisk logs show when you attempt the call?

Is it possible to setup a SIP DID to try?

Does system B have a DID?

Try creating an inbound route on system A with a DID Number = 7777
point that your IVR

from a phone on system A call 7777, when the IVR answers try dialing an extension on system B

Last edited:

edlentz

Reaction score
IslandTech,

I have yet to get back out there to test your suggestion on the ivr and 777 as a inbound route. Adding a sip trunk willl almost be impossible, the ISP they use is a regional consortium and getting them to do anything is like plulling teeth. System B does have a DID that is routed from the PRI at System A.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e3tar
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.