FOOD FOR THOUGHT IT expo 2016 - Ombutel

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Was anyone at IT expo 2016 and saw the presentation for Ombutel & if they would care to share there thoughts.

gary

Jose Rivera

Reaction score
It's an awesome interface, also include interesting features as: Boss Secretary, Personal Assistance, Lock Phone, etc.. also they going to implement Multi-tenancy in Q2.

I found this interesting video with a little explanation about Ombutel:

Also I found a video with a custom application implemented on Ombutel:

Jose Rivera

Reaction score
Was anyone at IT expo 2016 and saw the presentation for Ombutel & if they would care to share there thoughts.

gary

gary

It's an awesome interface, also include interesting features as: Boss Secretary, Personal Assistance, Lock Phone, etc.. also they going to implement Multi-tenancy in Q2.

I found those interesting video with a little explanation about Ombutel:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Oh my! It's Soup...

Cj-MiNDWgAAWNHk.jpg

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
There currently is some issues with the endpoint manager, but I was told an update will be available next week with fixes and new features.

Gary.

billsimon

Reaction score
What is Ombutel's relationship with Xorcom? What is the licensing? Their home page is devoid of a lot of important details.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
What is Ombutel's relationship with Xorcom? What is the licensing? Their home page is devoid of a lot of important details.
https://blog.xorcom.com/?p=798

4. At ITExpo, we are going to be leading on-site training for a new management system that we at Xorcom, along with our partners Telesoft, have developed. It’s called Ombutel.
And it is exactly what I described. It’s a browser-based management tool, so that you can set up an Asterisk-based phone system in a very, very simple, straightforward, intuitive manner. We are using that new platform for the next version of our own branded systems, called CompletePBX. I’m really looking forward to being able to introduce that to our international partners at our on-site training in Ft. Lauderdale.

I read that as Xorcom is Ombutel's Sangoma...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
More similar to Sangoma than that. Ombutel is "freeware" just like FreePBX Distro and AsteriskNOW.

Translation: Not GPL-licensed, not open source code, no redistribution authorized.

billsimon

Reaction score
More similar to Sangoma than that. Ombutel is "freeware" just like FreePBX Distro and AsteriskNOW.

Translation: Not GPL-licensed, not open source code, no redistribution authorized.

Where are the terms spelled out? I would hope this is written somewhere that you could read it before actually installing the software.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Tried a C-@-C install using the directions in another thread - it fails hard on dependencies - glibc for one. I'm not going to spend any time on it.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Yep. When XiVO and FreePBX have a 9+ year head start, it kinda shows how far they have to go. Nice idea, but...

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Tried a C-@-C install using the directions in another thread - it fails hard on dependencies - glibc for one. I'm not going to spend any time on it.

Interesting, I got it up and working on c@c using following:

1 cpu
1gb ram
15gb ssd

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
About same specs, but 2 cpus and 20G of disk.

Among other things, some packages were depending on Glibc2.14, but the freshly updated Centos 7 had 2.16. There were others. How long ago did you run this?

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Changes in Ombutel Ownership

Dear Ombutel followers,

Two and a half years ago we have started an amazing journey to build a modern management system for Asterisk, which will be simple to use, highly secure and pleasantly fast.

Who are "we"?

The Ombutel project had two parents: Telesoft and Xorcom. We have joined forces to make this big undertaking a success. As of today, Ombutel is being used by many thousands of customers, in small and large installations. Our user base is constantly on the growth, and the forum is more active than ever.

Ombutel has also been the base for Xorcom's commercial CompletePBX system, that powers up Xorcom's PBX appliances and virtual machines, which has also quickly gained popularity at this period of time.

At this point in time, we feel the two projects are getting further apart, to the point that we have decided to separate them completely, to be able to maintain the right focus and direction for each of the products.

As a result, starting September 1st, the Ombutel project will be transferred to the sole management of Telesoft, while Xorcom will continue developing CompletePBX as a separate product, with a separate code base. Each of the products will have its own separate evolution. Rodrigo Cuadra of Telesoft will be heading the Ombutel project. He will also take my place in updating you on what's going on.

Nothing will change in the license terms and Ombutel will remain free to download and use, just as it had always been.

I would like to personally thank each and every one of you that made this not only possible but also successful and I wish ongoing success to Ombutel in the future.

As always, I am at your service for any question, comment or any other reason.

Best regards,

Eran Gal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.