NO JOY Issues installing incrediblefax11.sh on CentOS 6.8

ballhogg

Reaction score
I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I'm having issues installing incrediblefax11.sh. I'm sure I'm just missing something easy, but can't figure it out for the life of me.

Anyway, here's what I've done so far. I'm trying to install using virtualbox. I've created an .ova file with a clean install of the CentOS 6.7 (64-bit) minimal install and run the upgrade so it is CentOS 6.8 minimal, and saved this .ova file.

Next I've tried to follow the tutorials for installing the following 3 instances of incrediblepbx with these results:

1. incrediblepbx11-11.2.centos.tar.gz -- incrediblepbx appears to install just fine. But when I try to install incrediblefax11.sh, the installer starts of fine, including asking for the email address I'd like to use. I enter in the email address and press enter, and the installer continues for awhile. Finally, it says it's complete and gives me instructions to reboot my server and change /root/avantfax-pw-change. So I do. Then I login to the web interface for the newly installed pbx, which works just fine. But when I click the link to go to avantfax, I get an error saying the page cannot be found. It's also worth noting that when I'm on the admin tab of the web interface before logging in, the avantfax button is missing.

2. incrediblepbx11-12.2.centos.tar.gz -- identical results as above.

3. incrediblepbx13-12.2.centos.tar.gz -- incrediblepbx installs just fine. I run the installer for incrediblefax11.sh and the installer runs just fine, including asking for my desired email address, which I enter. After which, the installer continues. Eventually I get to all the questions I was expecting on the previous two examples, but never got. The ones I'm just supposed to accept the defaults, with the exception of the area code question, which I enter. Eventually, the installer completes successfully, tells me to reboot and login and change the admin password, which I do. Finally, I log into the web interface as admin, go to avantfax, and login there. Everything is fine.

So, long story short, I'm using the exact same virtual machine to begin with for each of the 3 installs, so I don't believe it to be an issue with the centOS install. I believe I followed the instructions in the tutorial precisely on each of the 3 installs. I'm not technical enough with linux to go digging too far, but I do understand the basics. But I can't figure out why in the first two installs incrediblefax11.sh doesn't ever ask me all those questions. I don't know if I'm missing something before getting to the point I'm supposed to run the incrediblefax11.sh install.

So anyway, I know this is long winded, and I apologize for that. But any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have several installs of incrediblepbx11.11, and really like them, mostly because that is the version I'm most familiar with. So, I'd like to keep using it for awhile if I can. I just need to be able to spend some time with the newer versions and get comfortable with them so I can start using them instead. But for now, I'd like to figure out how to get these installers to work.

Thanks again for any help.

Last edited:

chris_c_

Reaction score
You can run the installer script which failed, with added parameters "2> error.txt" on the command line.

For example:

Code:
./IncrediblePBX11-11.2.centos.sh 2> error.txt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.