FYI Install PIAF on CentOS Existing Installation

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Question:
Would this or this work for PIAF on existing CentOS install?
For the first "this",
1&1 Dynamic Cloud Server LINUX

Completely configurable for specific individual needs

• Full root access under Linux
Operating System, installed by default:

• CentOS 5 with Plesk 9 (64-Bit)

and the second "this",
VPS-LINUX

Operating systems

• openSUSE 10.3 with Parallels Plesk Panel 9 (64-Bit)
Alternative operating systems

• CentOS with Parallels Plesk Panel 9

I noticed that the second "this" doesn't mention root access...I know that would be a requirement.
Would either of these work?

Thanks!

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

I would advise against installing on plesk or cpanel. Ideally you need a stock standard vanilla minimal copy of CentOS installed for best results.

Note that some hosting providers use a non standard kernel, if they don't supply the kernel-devel stuff, then that can give you problems installing Dahdi.

Joe

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
The script will not work unmodified on 64bit, as you can clearly see if you have a look at the yum install line.

To modify the script, a list of dependencies from a 64 bit install has to be created and turned into a yum command, and then the 64 bit versions of the PiaF specific files need to be located and included.

Joe

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
One little correction

yum install php-pear-db

needs to be

yum install php-pear-DB

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the update. Version 1.01 attached.

Joe

Attachments

• install-piaf-on-existing-centos-v1.01.sh.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 67

hawk82

Reaction score
Posting to say I just installed PIAF into a Citrix XenServer VM running CentOS 5.5 32bit, using your script. Looks like it compiled and installed correctly. One slight modification: when installing into a Xen environment, you don't need (or want) the regular kernel and kernel-devel packages as they are missing the xen components needed to boot the VM. So remove those two packages from the script.

sircolin

Guru
Reaction score
The script will not work unmodified on 64bit, as you can clearly see if you have a look at the yum install line.
To modify the script, a list of dependencies from a 64 bit install has to be created and turned into a yum command, and then the 64 bit versions of the PiaF specific files need to be located and included.
Wow thats one hell of a yum install line :eek:

Ok this is now done but im left with the following unmet dependencies
No package apmd available.
No package flite available.
No package flite-devel available.
No package jack-audio-connection-kit available.
------------------
Package kernel is obsoleted by vzdummy-kernel-el5, trying to install vzdummy-kernel-el5-2.0-1.ce.swsoft.noarch instead
Package vzdummy-kernel-el5-2.0-1.ce.swsoft.noarch already installed and latest version
------------------
No package php-pear-db.noarch available.
* Maybe you meant: php-pear-DB
-----------------
No package piafxtras.noarch available.
:banghead:

Can anyone help me out with these?

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

The first 4 packages are included on the standard PiaF ISO, see lines 67 to 71 to see the locations of these.

Can't help you with the Kernel stuff, have you rebooted?

Did you use version 1.01, which has a correction for php-pear-DB - just run yum install php-pear-DB

See lines 74 and 75 for piaf extras.

Joe

interestingloss

Reaction score
worked PERFECT! thank you

This script worked GREAT!!! I really appreciate your providing this to the community. It made it as easy as ordering a meal at mcdonalds.

Thanks again!
C

Hi

Here is an install script I just hacked together to prepare a 32 bit CentOS server for a PBX in a Flash install, e.g. on a hosted server.

It only works on 32bit, but a 64 bit version can easily be done if there is a demand.

I've tested it once, and it did not seem to throw any errors, so if anyone has any issues, let me know via this thread.

Instructions
  • Make sure you have internet access and DNS resolution.
  • Download the tarball attached to this post, and put it somewhere on your system.
  • untar it - tar zxfv install-piaf-on-existing-centos.tar.gz
  • Run it - ./install-piaf-on-existing-centos.sh
  • Follow the on screen instructions.
  • At the end, reboot when prompted.
  • Login.
  • type piafdl
  • Installation continues as per any other PiaF install.
Caveats

The script is in clear text, and as with all install scripts provided by a 3rd party, I would advise that you read it first before running it to check you know what it is going to do to your system.

It will not work on installing on OpenVZ, I need some modifications to the PIAF installation process to make that happen, as below:-

Disabling the asterisk console accessible using the alt-F9 console - which from a security perspective is possibly not a bad idea anyway.

Code:
#Disable TTY9 for OpenVZ
sed -i 's/TTY=9/#TTY=9/g'  /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk
and the following to allow Meetme to be compiled into Asterisk.

Code:
#Create directory and file to get meetme working
mkdir /usr/include/dahdi/
cp /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete/linux/include/dahdi/user.h /usr/include/dahdi/user.h
This will not do any harm to an install.

And the Zaptel equivalent.
Code:
#Create directory and file to get meetme working
mkdir /usr/include/zaptel/
cp /usr/src/zaptel/kernel/zaptel.h  /usr/include/zaptel/zaptel.h
Webmin is not included in the install routine, this is pretty simple to install anyway, just change the listening ports after installation in /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf from 10000 to 9001 (two places to change) and service webmin restart.

Code:
wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/webadmin/webmin/1.500/webmin-1.500-1.noarch.rpm?use_mirror=switch
rpm -Uvh webmin-1.500-1.noarch.rpm
Joe

#Changelog - Read through the thread to see if there are any updates
#6th Septempber 2010
#Change php-pear-DB from php-pear-db

drewament

Reaction score
Installing on Amazon AWS cloud EC2 S3 build of CentOS 5.4 Base 32bit. All installs ok...until I get to the "reboot" when I reboot it wont let me now log-in via SSH says

<code>

* PIAF Pre Install Options *
* If you wish to install some extra drivers prior to running the PBX *
* in a Flash installation program please type piafxtras-menu and tap *
* the ENTER key to see a list list of available pre install options *
/bin/bash: Permission denied

[SSH] INFO: DISCONNECT

</code>

Any idea or help you can offer?

drewament

Reaction score
fyi....figured out the problem. Virgin CentOS_5 image, installed on a "small" instance. Something happens to the root password (there shouldnt be one on AWS?, as AWS uses SSH key).

So. BEFORE running the script I just did a

Code:
#passwd -d root
to delete the root password

Sounds scary - i know..LOL but since I am using a key I dont think anyone would be able to break into the system. Comments?

I also had to create a HOSTS file, as there was not one.

Code:
vi /etc/hosts

# Do not remove the following line, or various programs
# that require network functionality will fail.
127.0.0.1               pbx.local pbx localhost.localdomain localhost
::1             localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

Bitnetix

Guru
Reaction score
Just make sure that /etc/ssh/sshd_config contains the line:

PasswordAuthentication no

usa4148

Reaction score
Rackspace breaks under 'heavy' call volume. Heavy = 6+ simultaneous calls when using a Rackspace Cloud image of size 2G. PM me if you want more details. I am ditching Rackspace.... So did Teliax. Seems they can't handle the RTP traffic smoothly. I am not sure if its caused by their 'old' network or the kernel they are using inside their Xen boxen...

Dan

tpllc

Reaction score
If you could create a 64-bit version I would greatly appreciate that!! Im new to all this so a full install script would be GREAT!!!

sircolin

Guru
Reaction score
I concur, we need one of these !

i have done some work on this myself as a few of my customers have refused point blank to use the out of date version we have,

my current script installs just fine but i think im missing some of the finer points of pbxiaf integration (i don't know where to find the differences between a production freepbx install and a pbxiaf install)

everything install fine for me but asterisk never seems to function as expected well not at all actually! i would be happy to pass this script onto somebody who could fix it.

I really dont want to have to start using freepbx as i have a lot of time and respect for the pbxiaf project and think it has many advantages over freepbx+asterisk install.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I concur, we need one of these !

i have done some work on this myself as a few of my customers have refused point blank to use the out of date version we have,

my current script installs just fine but i think im missing some of the finer points of pbxiaf integration (i don't know where to find the differences between a production freepbx install and a pbxiaf install)

everything install fine for me but asterisk never seems to function as expected well not at all actually! i would be happy to pass this script onto somebody who could fix it.

I really dont want to have to start using freepbx as i have a lot of time and respect for the pbxiaf project and think it has many advantages over freepbx+asterisk install.

Uhhhh?? PBXIAF is FreePBX. You can't use PBXIAF without FreePBX.

sircolin

Guru
Reaction score

Sorry if i was not clear enough !

I see there no bluebox image either !!!

back to the topic in hand any body willing to help me on this ?

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Sorry if i was not clear enough !

I see there no bluebox image either !!!

back to the topic in hand any body willing to help me on this ?

PBX in a Flash doesnt support Blue.Box (yet) hopefully someday in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.