BUG IncrediblePBX13.2.iso install fails but previously worked on same equipment

faixbp

Reaction score
Folks,

Last week I successfully installed the 12/01/15 version of IncrediblePBX13.2.iso (see "Introducing Incredible PBX GUI for Asterisk 13 and CentOS/Scientific Linux" at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14208) on my Intel D945GCLF2 Atom 330-based box. Everything worked fine for the past few days.

For unrelated reasons, yesterday I tried a new install--same as the old one. The install completed the second phase apparently ok, and after a reboot, this was the status display:

/usr/local/sbin/status: line 17: asterisk: command not found
/usr/local/sbin/status: line 29: asterisk: command not found

Incredible PBX 13-12.2 for Scientific Linux

Asterisk: DN Apache: UP MySQL: UP
SendMail: UP IPtables: UP SSH: UP
LAN port: UP Fail2Ban: DN Webmin: UP
GV OAUTH: DN PortKnock: UP NR VPN: UP
FaxGetty: DN IAX Modem: DN HylaFax: DN

RAM:1545MB Scientific Linux 6
Disk:431GB

Asterisk Incredible GUI 12.0.30

Private IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Public Info: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

94%
< OK >

One obvious problem is that there's no asterisk executable installed:

root@IncrediblePBX:~ $ which asterisk
/usr/bin/which: no asterisk in (/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin)

I checked the ISO md5sum and I tried the full install again several times, with the same negative outcome.

Would appreciate suggestions. Thanks!

--faixbp

Uncle Robin

Reaction score
Think I am seeing the same thing with the virtual machine install. Yesterday it worked find earlier in the day, but later in the day when I installed it again, asterisk not running on that install.

Installing again and I don't think it is working. Think I saw some asterisk service not found type messages fly by during the install. I'll report back later...

UR

faixbp

Reaction score
Thanks UR for the note.

Anyone else having success or failure installing the ISO since sometime yesterday?

While you're looking into the error massages flying by, I'm going to try to install Incredible PBX 13.2 over a minimal CentOS 6.7 installation and see if that gives us any information.

Will report back shortly.

--faixbp

Jake

Reaction score
libpri has been updated to 1.5. Looks like the install script will need to be updated.

Uncle Robin

Reaction score
Same experience here with libpri-current. In a bit I'll try libpri-1.4.15.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Couple of new wrinkles with Asterisk 13.8. We'll sort it out tomorrow. In the meantime, the latest installer will install 13.7.2 with the latest libpri. Just redownload.

Never dull. :hat:

Last edited:

Uncle Robin

Reaction score
Couple of new wrinkles with Asterisk 13.8. We'll sort it out tomorrow. In the meantime, the latest installer will install 13.7.2 with the latest libpri. Just redownload.

Thanks once again, Asterisk 13.7.2 worked!

faixbp

Reaction score

Thanks Ward,

Looks like there are two new versions for CentOS on SourceForge. Should I download the incrediblepbx13-12L.2-centos version or the 13-12.2-centos version without the L?

--faixbp

Uncle Robin

Reaction score
Hi UR,

Which installer did you use, the one with the L or the one without?

--faixbp
Actually I was using the Virtual Machine or maybe its called VMWare install. It was the Lean version. I went into the install script IncrediblePBX13-12R.sh and made the change to asterisk-13.7.2 and the old libpri-1.4.15.

Interestingly, later I noticed the script had been changed to asterisk-13.7.2 and asterisk-current was # out. I am guessing that IncrediblePBX13-12R.sh is dynamically loaded when doing the install because I didn't download another VM, just used the same one I downloaded Tuesday.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Correct. The VM build runs the Incredible PBX installer as part of the setup procedure. Haven't tested it yet, but I don't think the new libpri is the problem so I've left the new version in the revised installers.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Definitely a problem with ./configure using Asterisk 13.8.0 on the CentOS 6.7 platform. This thread didn't help. I've reported the issue to Digium.

faixbp

Reaction score
This morning I installed CentOS 6.7 minimal and then incrediblepbx13-12.2-centos. It worked.

--faixbp

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This morning I installed CentOS 6.7 minimal and then incrediblepbx13-12.2-centos. It worked.

--faixbp

Yep. We've dropped back to Asterisk 13.7.2 from 13.8.0 until Digium can sort out the problem. They're aware of the issue.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.