TIPS Incrediblepbx12 to incredible 13? How?

l4cky

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an old setup of incredible pbx 12 and would liek to upgrade to 13 without needing to start from scratch and rewrite all the config files (extensions, trunks, etc..)

I see tutorial for a fresh install, is there a way to update without losing anything and just restart and it works as it should?

Maybe I am blind, if that's the case, would you redirect me to some tutorials?

Thanks!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You'll need a second server on which to restore a backup from the old one. Make sure both platforms have the same version of FreePBX or Incredible GUI. Then make an Incredible Backup on the old machine. And use Incredible Restore to restore your settings on the new one. Use the same operating system, e.g. CentOS/SL or Ubuntu, on BOTH machines. Specific version of OS shouldn't matter.

l4cky

Reaction score
You'll need a second server on which to restore a backup from the old one. Make sure both platforms have the same version of FreePBX or Incredible GUI. Then make an Incredible Backup on the old machine. And use Incredible Restore to restore your settings on the new one. Use the same operating system, e.g. CentOS/SL or Ubuntu, on BOTH machines. Specific version of OS shouldn't matter.

Thanks!! When I backup using Incredible Backup, which options do I select? All of them?

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
Whatever you want to keep. :cool:

Ward,

are you saying that a direct version-to-version BACKUP/RESTORE is fine (on same versions of FreePBX), but an upgrade (say, 11.xx to 12.xx, or 12.xx to 13.xx) is NOT possible?

In other words, IS THERE any model for doing a backup/restore to do an OS/version upgrade? We have several schools on 11.xx and would like to get them on 12.xxx

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Are you saying that a direct version-to-version BACKUP/RESTORE is fine (on same versions of FreePBX), but an upgrade (say, 11.xx to 12.xx, or 12.xx to 13.xx) is NOT possible?

Correct (and we're talking about versions of FreePBX, not Asterisk).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.