TIPS IncrediblePBX with Linksys PAP2t ATA - No Audio

timohayes

Reaction score
I'm pretty new at this, but I followed Ward's beginner walk-through to install the latest version of IncrediblePBX on a local computer a few weeks back. Then I proceeded with trying to get the Linksys ATA working. The ATA seems to sucessfully register with the PBX. When I pick up the phone, I get a dial tone and can place a call (which rings on the receiving end), but the other end can't hear any audio. Conversely, when making calls from my mobile phone, the ATA rings through, but when answering the call the caller can't hear any audio and the call gets disconnected a few seconds later. Then I tried connecting the ATA directly to FlowRoute (bypassing the PBX) and the ATA can make and receive calls successfully via SIP.

Another note is that I also have a SIP softphone running for extension 702 and it can successfully make and receive calls which tells me my incoming and outgoing routes are setup correctly.

All devices are inside my local network, so NAT shouldn't be an issue, I think??

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try to fix this? Is there any sample configuration for a PAP2t device for IncrediblePBX? I couldn't find anything on the internet, except for FAX configuration for asterisk. I feel like I'm really close, but just missing something. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I'd say you've definitely got a NAT issue. What is NAT in extension on FreePBX set to?

Also - I might check for SIP ALG setting on your router.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Also, be sure that your PBX is configured for your external IP address ... under Settings | Asterisk SIP Settings ... as well as the settings on this page for your internal IP address. Really strange and unexpected things will happen if these addresses are not set correctly.

/Pete./

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
All devices are inside my local network, so NAT shouldn't be an issue, I think??

YOUR devices are all local, but you are placing calls to/from 'the outside', yes?

What is the audio like between a call from the ATA to the softphone? What is the audio on the ATA like when checking Voice Mail?
If LOCAL calls are fine, but EXTERNAL are not, then yes, NAT is likely the culprit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.