FOOD FOR THOUGHT incrediblepbx uninstall exists?

vorrias

Reaction score
Hi

I installed Incrediblepbx and start playing but...some day
It looks that something went really wrong in mysql tables may be after power feature in my raspbperry 2 with incrediblepbx running (latest version)

and I have this error when running the admin GUI (other GUI like webmin is still working)

FATAL ERROR
FreePBX is Unable to Continue
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 144 Table './asterisk/kvstore' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

Trace Back
/var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/DB_Helper.class.php:62 PDO->query()
[0]: SELECT * FROM `kvstore` LIMIT 1

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/DB_Helper.class.php:132 DB_Helper::checkDatabase()

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Hooks.class.php:24 DB_Helper->getConfig()
[0]: hooks

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GuiHooks.class.php:206 Hooks->getAllHooks()

/var/www/html/admin/config.php:312 GuiHooks->doConfigPageInits()
[0]: noauth
[1]:

Is anyway to repair it?

It looks to me impossible to repair. (i do not care about the data inside)
The reinstalation is very long (many hours) but in the worst scenario, Is it any way to uninstall it and install it again?
When I try ti reinstall I get the message that icrediblepbx already installed.

I will appreciate any answer
Thanks a lot
Vasilis
Greece

kenn10

Reaction score
RPi2 BAH! I played with one for a couple of months and gave up. The card gets corrupted entirely too easily and you have to start from scratch.

If you persist in using an RPi, I recommend you regularly copy your backups to another machine. I guess you can't complain too much for USD$35.00 but you get what you pay for.

vorrias

Reaction score
RPi2 BAH!....

Thanks Kenn10

You made my day!

And that is because you have experience. So your opinion counts
The problem is with Raspberry I imagine and not with the SD wrong quality (Samsung -10)
Pity I used is as a CODESYS controller and I had no complains
I do not understand why this behaves that way.

Ok if that is so what is left to build a PBX using an en embedded solution?

I have one cubieboard.
any suggestions welcomed
Thanks in advance

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
FWIW, I have 3 RPi2's in production environments as Asterisk servers. Two are running RasPBX, one is on IPBX. All are stable. The oldest is something over seven months. The newest (IPBX) unit is a little over a month.

Two more "development" RPi2 IPBXs seem fine as well.

Truth is I consider them all somewhat experimental, I'd be prepared to swap out in a heartbeat.

No SD corruption issues, all on UPS power.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FWIW. We have several friends that have been using Incredible PBX on a RasPi for almost 2 years. All of them reboot nightly and not a single SD card failure.

vorrias

Reaction score
Thanks jurm and wardmundy

Every word counts.

I like this little beast (RAPi) and a could not imagine not to use it. I am among the fist who got RPi years ago waiting 4 months in list

At the moment I thought that the problem was in a bug on Incrediblepbx fork of PIAF but looks like was a system glitch.
My RPi2 was not on any UPS and a power spike may produced the catastrophe.

I hope incredibleepbx does not write thousands times per second to the SD card. If this is so SD will be unusable after some time.
So two things

1 - is possible to load everything on SSD?. Is this possible to work with this solution with RASpi?
Thinking something like USB to SSD (SATA) interface and use it as data storage disk keeping only boot things on SD card. Will be that more robust than the SD solution?

2- This question for wardmundy (as I asked before)
Is anyway to repair it ? (to reinstall only the damaged tables)
It looks to me impossible to repair. (i do not care about the data inside mysql)
The installation is very long (burn image again and install incrediblepbx). It means 5 hours at least if everything goes ok. Last time I did it three times because installation hanged up in the middle. So it took me 2 days to finish

Is it any way to uninstall it and install it again without burning image on SD?
When I try to reinstall I get the message that icrediblepbx already installed.

And wardmundy if things go well we are considering to but it in the company where I work for and making a subscription to icrediblepbx when we are convinced that every is working file.

Thanks in advance

vorrias

Reaction score
Three attempts to load incrediblepbx in RASpi failed in different points of the very long installation. Always something happens and installation stops without touching anything. Last one corrupted the OS (wheezy). So I will go for the ready image RasPBX. It is painful to start all over again.
My be when increadiblepbx will be available as image for RASpi 2 I will give it a try and learn the system.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
RasPBX works (I have it on my household pbx), but given the symptoms you're talking about, I can't help but think you've got a hardware issue in there somewhere.
Raspberry Pis are somewhat picky about SD cards (I haven't had any issues, but I have read plenty of people needing a different brand of card to fix issues.) The other known issue is power supplies - Pis are notorious for issues with cheap supplies, and the symptoms can be pretty strange.

vorrias

Reaction score
Thanks Dave for your thoughts.

I will have everything under consideration. I think I will stop thinking on making Raspberry a PBX. It is too slow to install the program. not to mention to wait for a reinitialisation after corruption. Still looking a way to uninstall the package (if any)

Vasilis Vorrias

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hi

I installed Incrediblepbx and start playing but...some day
It looks that something went really wrong in mysql tables may be after power feature in my raspbperry 2 with incrediblepbx running (latest version)

The reinstalation is very long (many hours) but in the worst scenario, Is it any way to uninstall it and install it again?
When I try ti reinstall I get the message that icrediblepbx already installed.

I will appreciate any answer
Thanks a lot
Vasilis
Greece

Unfortunately an uninstall is not possible. But... please try the new Incredible PBX image with Raspbian 8. Multi-hour install is a thing of the past. Just download the zip file, unzip it, and walk through the 30-second install when you log in.

vorrias

Reaction score
Thanks I am testing it . There is no "startx" command . GUI is disabled? (just for testing purposes not for the production installation)

Thanks again

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Why on God's green earth would you want a GUI on your PBX? ALL of the work involved is done from a command line, or the web (so your browser provides the GUI.) It's an enormous waste of horsepower and disk space. One of my main bitches about iPBX is that it brings in all of X, most of Gnome, and a bunch of Qt (KDE) stuff... and NONE of it is ANY USE AT ALL in a pbx machine.

vorrias

Reaction score
Why on God's green .......

I quite agree Dave. But it is absolutely for testing. At the moment I have only one board and use it as a home automation hub. And yes these two (PBX and HOME AUTOMATION ) must be separated, but at the moment I wanted to try "all in a box" until my second Raspberry (this one will be ver 3) will arrive.
I repeat as a wish for a limited period to play around. I already do not like myself the idea.
Thanks for replaying
Take care
Vasilis

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Dave Gray: Much of this bloated package list is a leftover from the very early PIAF days. I would love to see it cleaned up, but the fear is deleting something we actually need. Anyone that wants to tackle the cleanup of yumlist.txt in the Incredible PBX CentOS tarball wins the coveted award:
CdRXh_zXEAAqCus.jpg

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm. Never knew the reasoning there. That might be worth looking into, in my copious free time. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.