FOOD FOR THOUGHT IncrediblePBX SSH Login Script

Wildway

Reaction score
I just installed IncrediblePBX and have it running on a Raspberry Pi. All is well except when I SSH into the server as root or another user that I created I always get the password reset script that prompts for password changes. I expected this script to only run for the initial install and not at each SSH login attempt.

How do I change this so that SSH logins don't prompt for passwords to be reset?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Which version of Incredible PBX? Can you provide the link or article where you got it? Thanks.

Wildway

Reaction score
No one else has or ever had this problem? I thought I followed all of the install instructions correctly.

Wildway

Reaction score
Well. I'm not seeing the password change script now when I SSH to my server.

I have been regularly applying software package updates. So, maybe one of them resolved the problem I was having.

I'm running Incredible PBX 13-12.4 for Raspberry Pi 3; Asterisk 13.7.2 with Incredible GUI 12.0.39.

Thanks for the responses.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Do not be tempted to change the hostname /etc/hostname before the update-passwords script, and a reboot has been successful.

The result of the update-passwords script gets stored in accordance with that script, but also it is written to /root/passwords.FAQ
You should be prepared to carefully answer the questions giving Your secretpassword(s) appropriate for the lines below in passwords.FAQ
Choose beforehand if any passwords are to be similar or identical perhaps fpbx-admin, and ARI-admin or something, but must be verysecure. voicemail password also needs to be a secure numerical password
Code:
root@raspberrypi:~ cat passwords.FAQ

pi user account has been disabled. Login as root.
FreePBX GUI admin password: VeRrySeCuRe0x132465PasSWorDsEcr3T
ARI admin password: VeRrySeCuRe0x132465PasSWorDsEcr3T
Apache admin password: VeRrySeCuRe0x132465PasSWorDsEcr3T
Phone Reminders password: 132454465
Ext. 701 password: 701VeRrySeCuRe0x132465PasSWorD53Cr3T
Ext. 701 voicemail password: 200454002
Ext. 701 email address: [email protected]

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
I have been regularly applying software package updates
Ugh-ugh The accepted wisdom is that the image has been created with the base install; and doing random package updates will break things that would have worked with the original image. Once you update any packages - you are on your own if those updates break the pbx.

So before updating packages be sure to do
Code:
 /root/incrediblebackup
. and save the resulting /backup/DU-*.tar.gz file to an offline storage; AND also do create a backup image and save to offline storage.

Last edited:

Wildway

Reaction score
OK. Thanks for the warning/advice. As you can see I was totally clueless on this.

So, I suspect that the "accepted wisdom" is to wait for a refresh of the IncrediblePBX image and not to do incremental software package updates.

Where should I look or subscribe to get PBX refreshes if/when they become available?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
OK. Thanks for the warning/advice. As you can see I was totally clueless on this.

So, I suspect that the "accepted wisdom" is to wait for a refresh of the IncrediblePBX image and not to do incremental software package updates.

Where should I look or subscribe to get PBX refreshes if/when they become available?

Exactly. Raspberry Pi platform has not proven to be hospitable to in place upgrades. Check back here or follow Nerd Vittles for the latest releases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.