Resource icon

TUTORIAL IncrediblePBX GoogleVoice OAUTH

Kinjo

Reaction score
Thank you sir!

Just some additional feedback regarding this patch as I have been messing around with the Ubuntu 14.04 base / Full Enchilada via incrediblepbx13-12.2-ubuntu14. It would appear the new gui-fix patch (718) doesn't appear to take. It applies itself every login without any issues, however the amportal restart remains - unless that was the intention for this particular environment.

Code:
root@pbx35:~# cat /usr/local/sbin/gui-fix
#!/bin/bash

amportal chown
amportal a ma refreshsignatures
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_setting SIGNATURECHECK 0
amportal a reload
cd /var/www/html
rm -f favicon.ico
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/favicon.ico
chown asterisk:asterisk favicon.ico
cp -p favicon.ico /var/www/manual/images/.
cp -p favicon.ico /var/www/html/reminders/.
cp -p favicon.ico /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/images/.
cp -p favicon.ico /var/www/html/admin/images/.
cp -p favicon.ico /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/images/.
rm -f /var/www/html/admin/images/schmooze-logo.png
rm -f /var/www/html/admin/images/tango.*
rm -f /var/www/html/admin/images/freepbx.png
amportal restart
root@pbx35:~#

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks. We'll have a new approach shortly. I WAS aware that patch 718 was left hanging.

sirdotcom

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response ... I just discovered that the phone I was using is having NAT issues so Flite was actually fine! GV works great :)

Thanks,
Steve

TricomBTS

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post! I am sure this has already been covered, but when using a Google Voice Trunk, it is possible to change the CID number. We already have a number, and we would like our number to show on our outbound calls.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post! I am sure this has already been covered, but when using a Google Voice Trunk, it is possible to change the CID number. We already have a number, and we would like our number to show on our outbound calls.
No. Only options would be to port the number to Google, or use a SIP provider that allows setting the outbound CID.

Kyle1

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm having trouble with the step after complaining Asterisk on my machine. The
cd ../Asterisk-Flit*
command tries to take me somewhere that doesn't exist on my system. Where I am supposed to go to do the next commands? I'm running FreePBX with Asterisk 13.9 on CentOS 7. I installed FreePBX after this guide http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Installing+FreePBX+13+on+CentOS+7. Sorry if this is a basic question but I appreciate the help. Thanks

isaacl

Reaction score
Just started running the "incrediblepbx13-12.2" script on a CentOS machine, and I got the prompt about if I want to use OAuth or plaintext for the GV password - does this mean that the first part of the tutorial is now included in the original installation script?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just started running the "incrediblepbx13-12.2" script on a CentOS machine, and I got the prompt about if I want to use OAuth or plaintext for the GV password - does this mean that the first part of the tutorial is now included in the original installation script?
Correct. Just choose which option you prefer and press ENTER. The option number may not show up, but don't worry about it.

chris_c_

Reaction score
No. Only options would be to port the number to Google, or use a SIP provider that allows setting the outbound CID.
@TricomBTS
It used to be gvoice wouldn't let you change the callerid under any circumstances, but I believe gvoice now allows setting the callerid to any verified phone number under your control. As evidence, install the latest version of the "hangouts dialer" app from the play store/itunes app store. Release notes say you can now change your callerid to any verified number you control. They verify your number by sending a code number via text sms message or automated voice call. I haven't tried it yet. Someone here should try it! And report back...

Last edited:

chris_c_

Reaction score
Getting a vague "Parsing failure: Invalid XML" error, while trying to add a GV motif account inside Incredible 13-12 centos 7 32bit.

GV motif is working fine on this machine, it has 3 working GV accounts connected (green).

This 4th line which I'm attempting to add now, however, shows status Disconnected (red).

As a test to see whether this account is able to login dial out at all, this 4th GV line is indeed able to login fine and is working fine inside the Hangouts app, to dial out and receive calls, so the line/number/dialing abilities are valid.

Have exited Hangouts app so there is no other simultaneous jabber xmpp login on this particular GV lne.

Lines from the var log asterisk full log :

[2016-08-29 13:22:14] NOTICE[28711] res_xmpp.c: Connecting to client token : (my refresh token)
[2016-08-29 13:22:14] NOTICE[28711] res_xmpp.c: Command CURL(https://www.googleapis.com/oauth2/v...et=4ewzJaCx275clcT4i4Hfxqo2&refresh_token=(my refresh token)&grant_type=refresh_token)
[2016-08-29 13:22:14] NOTICE[28711] res_xmpp.c: Command status : {
"access_token": "(the access token it generates)",
"token_type": "Bearer",
"expires_in": 3600
}
[2016-08-29 13:22:14] NOTICE[28711] res_xmpp.c: access Token : (the access token it generated above)

[2016-08-29 13:22:14] WARNING[28711] res_xmpp.c: Parsing failure: Hook returned an error.
[2016-08-29 13:22:14] WARNING[28711] res_xmpp.c: Parsing failure: Invalid XML.
[2016-08-29 13:22:14] WARNING[28711] res_xmpp.c: JABBER: socket read error

This exact sequence repeats literally hundreds of times as it tries and retries to connect over xmpp to the gtalk server api.

How to troubleshoot this, determine what is really going on, and get it to work?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just ran a test, and the old xmpp patch for OAuth still works fine so it's not that. Sorry, no idea unless Google has imposed some sort of secret limit on number of trunks per IP address. Suffice it to say, they'd never tell.

chris_c_

Reaction score
@wardmundy is it possible this login/connect error is due to the api version numbers embedded in the login url have changed.

chris_c_

Reaction score
For tokens genrated today, the Authorization Endpoint URL and Token Endpoint URL are newer version than in the tutorial screenshots. Possibly these tokens are only valid with these new version URLs....??

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@chris_c_ I just generated a new token for a GV account that's never had one, and it works fine. So... that's not it.

restamp

Reaction score
It used to be gv wouldn't let you change the callerid under any circumstances, but I believe gv now allows setting the callerid to any verified phone number under your control. As evidence, install the latest version of the "hangouts dialer" app from the play store. Release notes say you can now change your callerid to any verified number you control. They verify your number by sending a code number via text sms message or automated voice call.
This would be a much welcomed change if it could be made to work with Asterisk. However, after several attempts this afternoon, I was not able to make a GV line reflect the CallerID of its forwarding phone (which should have been previously verified as a number under my control). Has anyone gotten this to work outside of Hangouts? If so, please post the details. Would it perhaps require some additional glue code in the xmpp / Motif area to pass the proffered CallerID correctly? FWIW, I tried (without success) to make this work on both a straight GV OATH-based connection, and also a Simonics gateway SIP-to-GV connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.