FYI Incrediblepbx for x386 system...

ballhogg

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are instructions/downloads for Incrediblepbx with Asterisk 11 on centOS 6.5? I've got an older system that I'd like to use for practice, but it's unable to run 64-bit anything. I've done several systems using the 64-bit instructions found here: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=13599, and I'd like to do the same thing but with a 32-bit system. Also as a note, I will be installing this into a virtual machine using virtualbox.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We are no longer upgrading Asterisk 11 installers. Asterisk 11 goes into EOL Security Fixes Only in October, 2016.

ballhogg

Reaction score
When I try to install the 13-12.2-centos.tar.gz file, it gives this warning:

******* WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING ***************
Window size is too small: 80x25
Resize console window to at least 82x35
Do it NOW before continuing with the install.
Otherwise, Asterisk WILL fail to compile.
****** WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING ************

I don't know anything about virtualbox, so I don't know if there is a setting in there to adjust this, or what I need to do.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks again...

ballhogg

Reaction score
Of course, I'm trying to install this on my own virtualbox vm, not on Digital Ocean. Maybe the issue is with the iso file or install of centOS that I used to begin with. Do you have a link to an appropriate install .iso file for centOS 6.x?

ballhogg

Reaction score
Hey Ward, I guess maybe the best question to ask you would be where to find instructions to install the best version of incrediblepbx can be found for an older computer that is not capable of 64-bit functionality. I'd like to be able to create my own vm in virtualbox, and also would like to install incrediblefax. I do have several other machines that are newer, and I'm running 64-bit versions on them with no trouble. I'd just like to be able to use these older machines if possible.

Thanks...

ballhogg

Reaction score
Does anyone have instructions/links to installer for an older system that is only capable of non-64 bit software?

ballhogg

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is something to do with centOS, but when I run the incrediblepbx installer, I get an error message that says the following:
******** WARNING WARNING WARNING *************
Window size is too small: 80 x 25
Resize console window to at least 82 x 30.
Do it NOW before continuing with the install.
Otherwise, Asterisk WILL fail to compile.
******** WARNING WARNING WARNING **************

Anyone know how to "resize the console window" in virtualbox?

Ward, in response to your earlier post about using the latest installer, I believe I'm using the latest installer for centOS6.x, and I'm using the wget like instructed to pull incrediblepbx13 installers. So I'm assuming I'm getting the latest installers for that.

Don't know what else would be causing it.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You're supposed to run the main install via SSH or Putty, not the console window. The reason is to make sure you don't lock yourself out of your own server with the automatic firewall setup.

ballhogg

Reaction score
You're supposed to run the main install via SSH or Putty, not the console window. The reason is to make sure you don't lock yourself out of your own server with the automatic firewall setup.

I don't think I've ever used SSH or putty. I guess I've always assumed that when they talked about locking yourself out, it was referring to remote access with SSH. I've always installed everything through the console and never had an issue until trying to do the 32-bit install with incrediblePBX13.

Will installing this using SSH solve the above mentioned warning?

Again, I've never used SSH, and have no clue how to do so. Any good resource for learning how to do this?

Thanks for your help.

ballhogg

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed PuTTy and was able to successfully connect to my server. However, when I run the install by typing ./IncrediblePBX* as instructed, I get the same warning message that I get if I try to install from the console.

It's also worth noting that I'm currently trying to do this on a more high-end machine that is capable of 64-bit. I'm still trying to create the 32-bit vm and I'm getting the error. Now I'm attempting to create a 64-bit vm on this same machine to see if I get the error.

Ok, I just tried to do the 64-bit install, and I'm getting the same error! (Both in the console and through PuTTy) It has to be something with the way I'm installing centOS I would think. But I really don't know what I would have done in installing centOS that would affect this...

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks Again...

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just drag the corner of the window to make it bigger.

ballhogg

Reaction score
Just drag the corner of the window to make it bigger.

Resizing the OracleBox window by dragging from the corner doesn't actually resize the console window apparently. The oraclebox window gets larger, but the black "screen" stays the same.

Reaction score
As a side note on the same subject, I tried the OVF on ESXi as documented here: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=15795, and I get the same message about needing a larger terminal screen. Unfortunately, you can't resize the console window on ESX (well, you can resize the window, but the "terminal" stays at 25X80).

Unlike installing from the ISO, the OVF doesn't prompt for a root password, so I don't know what it is to be able to SSH in and resume the install.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Unlike installing from the ISO, the OVF doesn't prompt for a root password, so I don't know what it is to be able to SSH in and resume the install.

See the tutorial. The default root password is password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.