Incredible PBX w/ GTalk Works!

johnnypuffs

Reaction score
Stange behavior on toll free calls..

Hi All,

Definitely some strange things going in with this new install..

I did the fresh install last night and it was a no go. Incoming calls came in, but outgoing gave me the "Please wait while we connect your call" and then disconnected (without ringing) after 33 seconds each time.

On the chance that I may have input a variable wrong or that there was something new in the incrediblepbx18.x today I went ahead and re-installed from scratch yet again. I was EXTREMELY careful to follow each step to the T and double checked everything.

Once completed I even went through the tutorial for fixing a broken Purple install, even though this was a new install. I checked each and every file and they were all set correctly.

Same outcome. Inbound calls no problem. Outbound calls had same result as above.

I finally saw Doktur's reply:

If I run this:

gvoice -e [email protected] -p xxxxxxxxxxxxx call XXXXXXXXXX [email protected] 9

at the shell prompt, I get:

"Logging out of voice..."

then the call goes thru fine - weird huh?

Tried that and lo and behold it worked. My phone rang.

I then saw Ward's reply to Docktur:

Seems to be a minor glitch with Asterisk 1.8 on some systems. If you can’t get outbound calls to complete, log in as root and issue the following two commands several times. That seems to clear up the problem… at least until you reboot.

Quote:
amportal restart
/root/jab

I did so and it appears to be working correctly... for now. i can place outbound calls.

One very strange thing I noticed was when calling a toll free number. I have not seen this reported yet in the forum..

When I dial a toll free number, instead of getting a "Please wait while we connect your call", then a ring out shortly after.. it just starts ringing automatically. However, it just rings indefinitely on my end.. The actual number being called is not ringing.. Basically the same behavior as the original problem..

It appears the trunk sequence for the outbound route "TollFree" was listed:

0 Enum/
1 gvoice

I went ahead and changed 1 gvoice to 1 gvoice-account1 and now toll free calls work properly..

Hope that helps someone..

John

Doktur

Guru
Reaction score
Same prob with 64bit

It does the same with the 64 bit version on the same machine - which is an emachine EL1331G-01w btw...

ddebbink

Reaction score
works - after gvoice command

After quite a bit of :banghead:, I did a clean install of 32 bit 1.7.5.5.3 / purple and followed all directions. Outbound calls still didn't work.

Then I saw Johnnypuffs post above where he tried dokturs method of initiating the call at the linux command line:

gvoice -e [email protected] -p xxxxxxxxxxxxx call XXXXXXXXXX [email protected] 9
and it started working for me too! :smile5:

The first call (command line initiated) came through, and then all subsequent test calls from connected sip phone worked fine - so far...

Thanks for ALL the hard work on this everyone!

ddebbink

Reaction score
slight revision - after system rest

After a system restart calls again did not work.

I issued the gvoice command again, and that call went through. However a subsequent call from a sip phone didn't work so I issued the gvoice call again (worked) and then did an "amportal restart".

Now everything is working again. Hopefully until I restart again...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Sorry to report that we just tested Asterisk 1.8.1-rc1 and the problem remains. I'm reluctant to even report it due to the raft of :shitb: which we invariably receive for doing weird things that break their pristine code. :crazy:

itgeekbyday

Reaction score
Sorry to report that we just tested Asterisk 1.8.1-rc1 and the problem remains. I'm reluctant to even report it due to the raft of :shitb: which we invariably receive for doing weird things that break their pristine code. :crazy:

FYI...Wards manual fixes posted on nerdvittles as well as the posts above (calling via the console) fixed out going calls for me...at least for now :mad5:

acowx

Reaction score
I ran the gvoice command per the recommendation and lo and behold it all works now.

Thanks guys !

Doktur

Guru
Reaction score
Easy fix

This seems to work fine so far in 3 complete reloads of PIAF.

echo "asterisk ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/gvoice" >> /etc/sudoers

then reboot

no need for the "amportal restart" or /root/jab stuff.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Good hint! It actually took one more patch on our Proxmox test systems. In addition to your fix, modify the first line in [gvoice-username] context to use sudo:

exten => _X.,1,System(sudo /usr/bin/gvoice -e [email protected] -p userpass call ${EXTEN} [email protected] 9 &)

But you get the Gold Medal and Guru promotion anyway. :smile5:

:party::party::party::party:

robf

Reaction score
So the two other invocations of gvoice in extensions_custom.conf don't need to run as root?

I'm no python programmer but I looked at the gvoice script and couldn't for the life of me see why it needed to run as root in the first place.

I've made the changes but was just hoping to get some insight in to why that solved the problem.

Thanks!
Rob.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Don't know why. Here are the commands to run to fix everything after logging in as root.

echo "asterisk ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/gvoice" >> /etc/sudoers
sed -i 's/System(gvoice/System(sudo \/usr\/bin\/gvoice/g' /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf
reboot

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
There are actually two lines in that same context that need to be fixed. The second one doesn't really matter much, but I'd fix it anyway.

jplee3

Reaction score
NM. Thanks guys. Got it working with the sudoers change. Oddly, it seemed broke at first. Guess I just needed a full restart of asterisk. I also noticed it wasn't ringing at first and when I checked extensions_custom.conf I noticed this line:

`exten => _X.,n,Noop(Never received callback from Google Voice on channel ${DB_DELETE(gv_dialout_myemail/channel)} - exiting)`

where the dash "-" was a strange character (so I changed it back to a dash).

In any case, things seem fine now.

Although, I would like to get rid of that "beep" that sounds after the 4 seconds of silence before the phone starts ringing. I commented out the "pls-wait-connect-call" line in the extensions conf. Can I turn that beep off as well?

TIA!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diazgza
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.