FYI Incredible PBX GUI Bugs/Fixes

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Liking it a lot, but am running into one small issue. When I try to add entries for TM like ./add-fqdn Flowroute sip.flowroute.com (just as an example) it breaks something with iptables and it shows down in the status window upon restart. If I run iptables-restart everything returns with [OK], but it shows down again after I reboot.

This is on CentOS 6.5

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
When I try to add entries for TM like ./add-fqdn Flowroute sip.flowroute.com (just as an example) it breaks something with iptables and it shows down in the status window upon restart. If I run iptables-restart everything returns with [OK], but it shows down again after I reboot.

This is on CentOS 6.5

I experienced this as well. I ended up using the delete function (del-acct) to temporarily clear things up until a resolve is found. Try this to confirm my findings.

Sally

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I experienced this as well. I ended up using the delete function (del-acct) to temporarily clear things up until a resolve is found. Try this to confirm my findings.

Sally

I can confirm that is happening for me too. If I delete the entry iptables show up when rebooting.

I also found that if I add something as an IP instead of FQDN iptables will show as up after a reboot, but if I make another entry as FQDN they are down again.

Reaction score
I've tried the Incredible PBX 11 CentOS builds on my CloudAtCost Sandbox using both CentOS 6.5 and 7.0 and the CDR logs don't seem to work, on CentOS 6.5 the Asterisk log tells me:
Code:
[2015-05-21 00:54:27] WARNING[16010] res_odbc.c: res_odbc: Error SQLConnect=-1 errno=0 [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified
[2015-05-21 00:54:27] WARNING[16010] res_odbc.c: Failed to connect to asteriskcdrdb
[2015-05-21 00:54:27] NOTICE[16010] res_odbc.c: Registered ODBC class 'asteriskcdrdb' dsn->[MySQL-asteriskcdrdb]

Is anyone able to confirm? If it does work for you, I'd also be very interested in knowing if CEL is working (Click on a CDR entry and see if you see details of the call)

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
An interesting development. For those running this release, let me know if your logrotate is running. For some reason, mine are not, even when I try manually to run them. The nightly backup isn't running either. I'll keep looking, but let me know what you see. Thanks.

synack

Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like the cron jobs are not running. Can you verify?

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I did check the cron log and do see information there. The only item I received was the Halifax e-mail. The backups didn't run, nor did the log rotate. I did ensure that the scripts were set to execute (775).

Here is a snippet:

May 19 19:11:05 myserver run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[3248]: starting hylafax
May 19 19:11:05 myserver run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[3744]: finished hylafax
May 19 19:11:05 myserver run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[3248]: starting logrotate
May 19 19:11:05 myserver run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[3751]: finished logrotate
May 19 19:11:05 myserver run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[3248]: starting prelink
May 19 19:11:05 myserver run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[3763]: finished prelink
May 19 19:11:05 myserver run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[3248]: starting readahead.cron
May 19 19:11:05 myserver run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[3775]: finished readahead.cron

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
The /var/log/asterisk/full log needed to be set to 664 - to match my other system. I'll keep an eye on it tonight to see what happens.

I did run the logrotate in verbose mode, but couldn't pipe out to a text file correctly - it was too large. I used ./logrotate -dfv /etc/logrotate.conf from the /usr/sbin directory.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Running /root/odbc-gen.sh should fix the ODBC problem. Will have to dig a little more to resolve the CEL issue.

Fixed so far in latest builds: ODBC issue and chmod 664 /var/log/asterisk/full

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Ward.

As a follow up, last night the backups and the logrotate ran. What was interesting, I received from Cron Daemon <[email protected]>, Subject: /usr/lib64/sa/sa2 -A - Body: End of system activity file unexpected; I'll dig in to that one further.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For CEL support, you'll need to add the following to /etc/asterisk/cel_odbc_custom.conf and restart Asterisk
Code:
[cel]
connection=MySQL-asteriskcdrdb
loguniqueid=yes
table=cel

Fixed in future builds using latest installers as well.

Reaction score
Thanks wardmundy!

I tried this on a couple of different environments and wanted to share my results
  1. Works GREAT on Incredible PBX 11 for Ubuntu 14.04 (http://nerdvittles.com/?p=9713) - I'm so happy to have CEL back! :clap:
  2. May or may not work on CentOS 6.5 using the new Incredible GUI. My CDR still doesn't display any results at all.
    1. Error reads: [2015-05-22 09:02:24] ERROR[2525][C-00000002] cdr_mysql.c: Cannot connect to database server localhost: (1045) Access denied for user 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    2. I don't think that anyone else has reported this issue, so I'm not convinced that I didn't do something wrong during my install. I'll try from scratch soon!
  3. Also tried on a Beaglebone Black running FreePBX 2.11.0.43 & Asterisk 11.17.0 (http://nerdvittles.com/?p=8222) - CDR works fine, but CEL does not
    1. BTW - I'm not expecting anyone to "fix" all past versions & hardware combos! Just reporting this as an FYI
  4. And, for the record - CEL has always (and continues) to load properly on my PogoPlug (http://nerdvittles.com/?p=10560)
Thanks again for the steps and adding this to future builds!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We haven't gotten to Ubuntu or Debian or Raspbian yet so you're ahead of where we're currently laying track.

As for CentOS, need to know where you started and with what installer together with link to where you got it. Thanks.

Reaction score
wardmundy - This image started as CentOS 6.5 64bit as installed by CloudAtCost (Pro). I then followed the steps detailed here (without any obvious errors during install) - Incredible PBX 11 CentOS builds.
Here is the current status screen: http://take.ms/boNEC

I'll probably end up re-imaging the trying the install again soon. This is only a sandbox with no personal info (512MB Ram, 10GB SSD, 1CPU) so if you (or your team) wants direct access to the server for troubleshooting please let me know.

>> Update:
Went ahead and did a fresh install (Same base system as above - CentOS 6.5 64 bit on CloudAtCost) and this time installed the 12.0 GUI. Same result, trying to query the CDR results in the following error:
[2015-05-22 19:04:02] ERROR[15808][C-00000000] cdr_mysql.c: Cannot connect to database server localhost: (1045) Access denied for user 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I went back through my SSH session and recorded every command I ran, they are:
Code:
setenforce 0
yum -y upgrade
yum -y install net-tools nano wget
ifconfig
sed -i 's|quiet|quiet net.ifnames=0 biosdevdame=0|' /etc/default/grub
grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/update-kernel-devel
chmod +x update-kernel-devel
./update-kernel-devel
reboot

cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx12.4.centos.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx*
./IncrediblePBX*
nano /etc/asterisk/cel_odbc_custom.conf  << Changes were already in there, no edits were made
/root/timezone-setup
/root/admin-pw-change

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I spun a droplet on DO, Active 512MB Ram 20GB SSD Disk New York 2 CentOS 7 x64

I did as follow
To install the 12.0 GUI, log back in as root and issue the following commands:
cd /root wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx12.4.centos.tar.gz tar zxvf incrediblepbx*#./create-swapfile-DO./IncrediblePBX*
Capture1.jpg

The screen shot shows CentOS 6 even though I built a CentOS 7 x64.
Also no matter which download i have not been able to get sendmail or iptables to be up
Any Help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
TonyColorado: Can you try issuing these commands and retest. Let me know.

Code:
sed -i "s|''|'localhost'|" /etc/freepbx.conf
sed -i "s|'localhost'; //for sqlite3|''; //for sqlite3|" /etc/freepbx.conf
amportal restart

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I spun a droplet on DO, Active 512MB Ram 20GB SSD Disk New York 2 CentOS 7 x64

The screen shot shows CentOS 6 even though I built a CentOS 7 x64.
Also no matter which download i have not been able to get sendmail or iptables to be up
Any Help would be appreciated

Try CentOS 6.5/6.6 until we get the few remaining kinks resolved. Then we'll tackle CentOS 7 which is a very different beast.

Reaction score
wardmundy - Thanks for the suggestions. I ran the commands you requested and no dice, still no CDR.

Specifically, I ran
Code:
root@c1106842-10499:~ $ sed -i "s|''|'localhost'|" /etc/freepbx.conf
WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX VM behind a secure hardware-based firewall.
root@c1106842-10499:~ $ sed -i "s|'localhost'; //for sqlite3|''; //for sqlite3|" /etc/freepbx.conf
WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX VM behind a secure hardware-based firewall.
root@c1106842-10499:~ $ amportal restart

I performed a test call to *43 (echo test) and went to my CDR via the web admin and pressed search. No results were returned. I checked the asterisk log file (Reports -> Asterisk Logfiles) and it gives me the same error as before
Code:
[2015-05-23 08:45:46] ERROR[2653][C-00000000] cdr_mysql.c: Cannot connect to database server localhost: (1045) Access denied for user 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

For good measure, I rebooted the server, configured a SIP trunk then placed a test call. The call went through fine, however I still received the same CDR error as above.

A couple of potential clues
  • I did notice that the error above is being entered into the Asterisk log File when I dial the number, NOT when I press search on the CDR screen. Here is a larger snippet from the log: http://pastebin.com/S0gDFd6u
  • When logging into the server, after checking for updates and pressing the enter key I noticed that I am told that webmin is an unrecognized service. This happens just before the status screen is displayed so if you blink you'll miss it:
Code:
Retrieving... lastupdate7
Updates available as of Sat May 23 08:40:49 MDT 2015: 12
Checking for update71. INSTALLED: Firewall startup reconfigured 
Checking for update72. INSTALLED: status update for SL7 
Checking for update73. INSTALLED: IPtables boot sequence patch 
Checking for update74. INSTALLED: BASH Vulnerability patch 
Checking for update75. INSTALLED: BASH #2 Vulnerability patch 
Checking for update76. INSTALLED: FreePBX ARI Vulnerability patch 
Checking for update77. INSTALLED: FreePBX ARI #2 Vulnerability patch 
Checking for update78. INSTALLED: Incredible PBX LAN Vulnerability Patches 
Checking for update79. INSTALLED: FreePBX Web Access Patch 
Checking for update710. INSTALLED: rc.local executable patch 
Checking for update711. INSTALLED: Fixed Weaather by ZIP Code TTS script 
Checking for update712. INSTALLED: Fixed Weaather by ZIP Code TTS script 
Updates and notifications completed.
To continue, press the Enter key...
webmin: unrecognized service

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.