Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Speaking of slick GUIs...

B-ytrlhW8AI9G9z.jpg:large

B-7o5bNW4AAlfPB.jpg:large

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
krzykat: Give us about one more day, and we should have something for everybody to play with. As with other Incredible PBX installs, this will require a fresh (clean) Elastix install to begin. Elastix traditionally uses an InnoDB MySQL database for its tables which would make a build like Incredible PBX all but impossible. So we've had to rework the tables into the traditional MyISAM format. What you lose is some of the referential integrity that InnoDB offered through foreign key constraints. But, short of tampering directly with the MySQL database, this shouldn't pose any problems for anyone. Everything seems to work with the exception of Google Voice which Elastix does not (yet?) support in their RPM-based Asterisk setup. The multi-tenant functionality and Kamailio integration are quite impressive once you get the hang of it.

[Update: Old-fashioned Google Voice using pygooglevoice works just fine. :boat: ]

Our design is to create an Incredible PBX organization (tenant) for the Incredible PBX feature set and leave the rest of Elastix MT alone. In that way, if folks want to create additional tenants and use Elastix MT in the traditional way, it will still function as designed. If you want to create additional tenants and deploy the Incredible PBX feature set, that's easy to do as well.

vic555

Reaction score
As stated before, this a very exciting addition to both the Incredible PBX and Elastix communities. Elastix was known as a great distribution with some occasional "security" issues; Perhaps, now it can reach new heights. Hopefully, we can be advised of any security or functional glitches, minimizing any potential unfortunate issues that Incredible PBX team might inherit.

I might note that there had been mixed reviews on the "Elastix 3.0 community board", and perhaps not yet a lot of community adoption until "the beta image" is eventually resolved. Additionally,the MT version is apparently brand new.

But, as always we all will look forward to build the credibility of the Incredible name given the choices and work done by the Incredible development team.

Again, Thank you, Ward Mundy & Associates. I would have said "go War Eagles or Roll Tide" but my interest in football has waned. Sorry.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just documenting how well Elastix MT works with the (free) Telephone app for the Mac. The beauty of Telephone is you can have multiple extensions active at the same time on your desktop.

Notice that extensions now belong to an organization (tenant) so, with multi-tenants activated with Elastix MT, you could actually have an extension 701 for each organization.

incred.pbx is the fake domain for the Incredible PBX tenant (where all the goodies will reside).

B-7j649WkAENJ3g.jpg:large

B-7kCrBXAAAE7xD.jpg:large

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
vic555: Even though Elastix MT has its own (optional) IPtables implementation, we think it is too complicated for those just getting started with VoIP and/or networking. Consequently, Incredible PBX for Elastix MT will include the Travelin' Man 3 IPtables firewall and whitelist to assure there will be No Gotchas from a security standpoint or otherwise.

billsimon

Reaction score
Ward, have you considered rolling your own multi-tenant solution using OpenSIPS and Asterisk, not on top of Elastix?

My commentary about multi-tenant in the past fell on deaf ears because I was talking about FusionPBX and FreeSWITCH which are admittedly too different from what is going on in PIAF land. (FusionPBX is pretty slick and I have been working with someone who has been using it in production, though it is not without its pain points and bugs and he has strongly considered retreating to FreePBX on more than one occasion.)

While FreeSWITCH can do multi-tenant in one package, Asterisk needs a SIP registrar in front which is why Elastix used this model. As some have found out (see Elastix forums), there are features missing due to the method of integration.

The holy grail is FreePBX MT, in my opinion. Ast-GUI MT would be a runner-up.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
So when does TriBox and Asterisk @ Home get resurrected as well? Seems like things are following down that path........................

billsimon

Reaction score
Getting closer...

Nice shade of lipstick on that pig.

OK, rather than just being snarky, I have to ask what the purpose of this is. Elastix 2.x isn't exactly innovative in any way nor does it stand out as a better platform than FreePBX or Ast GUI. So why do it? It seems difficult to support since most people on here are not Elastix users.

vic555

Reaction score
2.5 and 3.0, now MT, were released at the same time. The criticism before the last release, 2.5, was that it did too much (features everybody wanted, and addons), but security was occasionally compromised. I am sure Ward can figure some additional greatness for the new releases, or else why would he have this on deck?

While the current user manual is in SPANISH, a whiz can develop in English!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.