TIPS Incredible Fusionpbx project starting with pbxinaflash whitelist?

KUMARULLAL

Guru
Reaction score
I have been testing fusionpbx for MT on wable.com
I have installed fusionpbx on ubuntu distro. It looks very promising. They have a ufw firewall in ubuntu, but is still not ideal.
would it be possible to install pbxinaflash whilist script on ubuntu and centos distros? Because the same sets of ports may be needed to be allowed and whitelisting the known providers.
How feasible is this new project.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
@KUMARULLAL there is this project called SiaF I think it stands for Switch in a Flash, I have nudged @wardmundy for details and once in a while I see a post from @darmock that something is happening with it. :)

That's all I know about the PiaF Freeswitch Project...

The FusionPBX GUI forces Freeswitch to use port 5080 for Carrier Sip Trunks and port 5060 for Extensions,

The #fusionpbx channel on irc.freenode.net are very helpful, the FusionPBX lead developer is permanently on there when not teaching.

The incrediblepbx ubuntu iptables script would need a bit of adjustment to cope with the 5080 requirement, I will look at this weekend and post changes I believe would work.

KUMARULLAL

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @hecatae. I read in one of the threads here, there is something happening in SiAF. However, I dont know much about the version of freeswitch, the linux distro and the GUI they are working on.
Fusionpbx looks good at the moment. There are many GUI config options available.
I am looking forward to the PIAF whitelist script changes to incorporate port 5080 for the trunk providers (As you mentioned)
Thanks and Regards

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Every couple of months I try a new Fusion install. And, as recently as this past weekend, I got the same result. Following the Debian install procedure line by line, the install blows up before it completes. I'll try again one of these days.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score

stuck

Reaction score
I've been able to install fusionpbx on Debian Jessie on Vultr and on my local promox container with Debian 8 just fine. No errors with the install. On those install, the switch works great, and multi-tenant works great as well. Applying the TM3 script, I've got the white-list working like on incrediblepbx.
So I thought I could have more resources on a Wable server. But when I try to install it on Wable with Debian 8, it errors out after I go through the web GUI setup with:
Code:
failed to create switch conf directory
No matter if I'm using regular Debian 8 or minimal... I prefer not to install on Ubuntu because the script for Ubuntu installs FS 1.4 while for Debian 8 it installs FS 1.6

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
I've been able to install fusionpbx on Debian Jessie on Vultr and on my local promox container with Debian 8 just fine. No errors with the install. On those install, the switch works great, and multi-tenant works great as well. Applying the TM3 script, I've got the white-list working like on incrediblepbx.
So I thought I could have more resources on a Wable server. But when I try to install it on Wable with Debian 8, it errors out after I go through the web GUI setup with:
Code:
failed to create switch conf directory
No matter if I'm using regular Debian 8 or minimal... I prefer not to install on Ubuntu because the script for Ubuntu installs FS 1.4 while for Debian 8 it installs FS 1.6

same here on a cloudatcost instance, will go bug the developers on irc.freenode.net #fusionpbx

stuck

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this error seems to be fairly unique. So I suspect it has to do with their OpenVZ container setup... Not sure the developers can reproduce the error...

KUMARULLAL

Guru
Reaction score
Applying the TM3 script, I've got the white-list working like on incrediblepbx.
Can you provide details how did you apply the TM3 script on fusionpbx? Are you using centos or ubuntu as your fusionpbx platform?

stuck

Reaction score
@KUMARULLAL
I have been installing fusionpbx on Debian 8 systems because I wanted to use FS 1.6. I would suggest you use the script Wardmundy posted here. I just ran it on a Debian 8 (Jessie) without any errors. My method (prior to Ward posting that script) was ugly.
The only thing missing from that script is the "ipchecker.sh" script. You can copy that script from one of your other servers into the /root of your fusionpbx server, chmod it and include the appropriate line in crontab, then everything should work fine.

stuck

Reaction score
@hecatae,
any response from the developers on that "failed to create switch conf directory" error? Really want to see if I can install successfully on a Wable server...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.