SOLVED Incredible 13-12.2 One way audio on outgoing trunks

Bill Coghill

Reaction score
So I recently setup a Inc PBX v13 in Scientific 6 for our new office. the old office had been running PiAF Green for ever and we never had any issues, however I took the opportunity to refresh to the latest tech.

However, my incoming calls are fine and bi-directional, but outgoing I can hear the far end but they cannot hear me.

Seems like standard NAT type issue ? Tried all the options for Yes / No / Never etc, but still no go.

It is doing this on multiple providers, so I don't think its provider related. I could understand if incoming failed, but I can't see why outgoing would fail as it should establishing itself through the firewall. To be honest NAt is a bit of a mystery to me and in other jobs its just worked.

Out network guys swears the config in the mikrotik is the same as the last office, but I don't know how to debug this further.

Help !

Bill.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Hi Bill...I'm a mikrotik fan but not of the firewall :) make sure you are masquerading the outbound traffic. What mikrotik are you using and what version of RouterOS?

What I used to do, prior to using my Watchguard Firebox appliance, was created some firewall NAT rules:

ACCEPT DSTNAT SRC/<pbx> Protocol UDP DST PORT 5060-5070
ACCEPT DSTNAT SRC/<pbx> Protocol UDP DST PORT 10000-20000

then the usual masquerades at the bottom of the rules

MASQUERAGE SRCNET <src network> <Out Interface >

can you do a packet capture with wireshark and what do you see?

thanks leon

Bill Coghill

Reaction score
Just a follow up on this. It seems the router I was behind was having some major issues. The IT guy rolled it back to a different config and removed the voice vlan as it seems the routing between the new Ubiquiti managed switches and the Mikrotik was not working correctly.

After moving back to the flat network structure we have 2 way comms both in and out.

bill

wa4zlw

Reaction score
There's no reason to have a flat network on a Mikrotik. I have Mikrotiks in my network but nowadays I have a Watchguard firewall appliance as my main point of entry.

I'm not a big fan of the mikrotik firewall but it is highly configurable. Most likely they are not doing the rules right. I'd definitely go back to VLANs otherwise you will end up having voice issues.

Leon

rjaiswal

Reaction score
It depends on the traffic, and if QoS has been implemented correctly. If packets are tagged correctly, and there is enough bandwidth, voice issues should not be an issue.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
a flat network is a disaster waiting to happen. When I changed my home network over to VLANs, just doing that solved a ton of issues. I've got my network setup internally with QoS as well and even traffic management to and from the outside so I can pretty much fix any voice issue EXCEPT packet loss.

Leon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.