FUNNY STUFF I finally thought of something!!!

dbdataplus

Reaction score
In a fit of uncharacteristic generosity, I sent Ward a few bucks a couple of months ago and ever since then I've been wondering if Ward ever wakes up wondering what I think ... what I want ... or just generally wants to know how he can ever repay me. (Then I sober up and wonder if my few bux is even noticed)

But then I start thinking of what could be improved and I come up with a long list. Then I try to think it through and I find that it's a lot easier to complain (for example) that the Time Groups and Time Conditions are sometimes hard to visualize and how nice it would be to have a tab delimited output so you can see the "tree" of what is used, where and when. Then I try to sketch out one and then it hits me. Complaining is easy - and most things are the way they are because it's HARD to make them better.

Then I think I came up with one. As near as I can tell ... in my version (FreePBX 2.11.0.43 Asterisk 11.21.1) the "volume control" on uploading recordings doesn't seem to do anything. But even if it worked, if I chose the wrong setting it's problematic. So here is my thought: How about an option in the recordings section where you choose a recording, select a volume (from -50% to +100% or something) and the submit button copies the recording, processes the change, replaces the recording and then reloads the config?

Then I could sit in my Barcalounger listening to the recordings and tweak them and then hear the results in real time. Great idea, huh?

In fact, Ward, get that done and there'll be ANOTHER $10 in it for ya!

KUMARULLAL

Guru
Reaction score
Hi @dbdataplus. Please don't take my response in the wrong way. That is not my intention.
Here are my two cents..
We are here because we learn a lot from the forum. We are also here to see if we can help anyone if we can. I am a regular visitor in the forum. I have learnt everything I know about asterisk from Ward from the asterisk@home days like many others. He has been a great teacher and instructor.
The pbxinaflash team has been working relentlessly for years in providing great features and rock solid security. Their intention is not to make money, rather to sustain and continue with the project and money always helps.
If you think, you have learnt something here and benefited at your work, it is only reasonable to pledge some monetary contributions. No need to announce. Also monetary contributions are towards the pbxinaflash project development AND NOT towards our personal requests. 99% of the questions are answered here by piaf team members and various members anyway. However, if you think you desperately need some solution, you can always pm piaf team and discuss your contribution in private.
As for your request, it does not seem feasible, as you are asking to interfere with the freepbx framework. piaf has created various bells and whistles around the web interface without touching the core freepbx framework. That is one reason why it is uniform across various platforms.
Once again, take it in the right spirit.
Regards

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Better yet ... fix an issue you find, or hire someone on freelancer to do it, and then contribute the nice new flashy thing you made back to the community. That's what can really made the community grow better than waiting on a couple of people to do everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.