TIPS HT502 not registering

tine

Reaction score
Hi all,

I can not get my HT502 to my Incredible PBX box. I was working fine when i had the older version of PIAF(2.0.6.5). I have tried several suggestions that I have read on the forums. Pls advise.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
We're going to need more details.
Is the HT-502 on the same LAN as the PBX?
What version of PIAF/Incredible are you running (output of 'status' is helpful here).
Have you checked that your credentials (Ext # and Secret) match between the PBX and the HT502?
Does anything show up in the Asterisk logs when you try to register?

tine

Reaction score

Yes

What version of PIAF/Incredible are you running (output of 'status' is helpful here).
Asterisk ver 13.5.0, IncrediblePBX 12.0.70

Have you checked that your credentials (Ext # and Secret) match between the PBX and the HT502?
Credential are correct.

When I reboot the device and look at the Asterisk logfile, I see no changes/entry.

tine

Reaction score
Yes

Credentials are correct.

I don't see any changes/entry in Asterisk logfile.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Did you create the extension as chan_sip or PJSIP?
Do you have the server address set correctly in the HT502?
You may also want to try temporarily disabling IPtables to see if it will register. Shouldn't matter for local networks, but worth a shot.

tine

Reaction score
Did you create the extension as chan_sip or PJSIP?
Chan_SIP
Do you have the server address set correctly in the HT502?
Server address is correct.

You may also want to try temporarily disabling IPtables to see if it will register. Shouldn't matter for local networks, but worth a shot.
That did not help.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Well, our user profiles may be tagged with "guru", but nobody here has a crystal ball.

What does your 'status' display look like (gets us the version and a basic idea of your network setup)? What network is the HT502 on? Same as the PBX or a different one? How (specifically) did you configure the PBX? Are you on Asterisk 12 or 13, in which case SIP or PJSIP? How is the HT502 configured (ports, etc)?

tine

Reaction score
Dave,
I answered those same questions before, but here goes:
HT502 and PBX are on the same network connected behind a router.
PBX was configured with the Incredible GUI.
The extension for the HT502 is configure for Chan_SIP on port 5061.

The router has ports forwarded to the PBX. Maybe I need to add another port forward for the HT502

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
If they're really on the same network, you don't need a port forward, the HT502 just needs to see the PBX. Have you tried monitoring the asterisk CLI to see if anything happens? (asterisk -r -vvvvvv, then start the HT502 and see if anything shows up.) Do you have the ability to run tcpdump on the pbx machine, and watch for SIP packets?

What ports are being listened to on the PBX machine? Try netstat --inet -an and see if it's listening on 5061 (should be both 5060 and 5061 if you have both pjsip and sip loaded).

wa4zlw

Reaction score
if you have A SYSLOG server on your lan you can setup the ATA to push logs to it and then look at the syslog server to see whats going on. You can set the type of logging in the ATA as well (different levels of logs)

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Running Asterisk13, chan_sip listens on port 5061 as chqan pjsip takes over 5060, so when the HT502 just gets the ip or fqdn it assumes 5060 you need to force the 5061 by doing this:

FQDN or IP of PBX: 192.168.#.#:5061

apply and save

I dropped Asterisk 13 because even though the extensions registered the PBX saw showing as unavailable and all calls ended up going to VM. I wanted to truy pjsip as it 'supposedly'allows one ext to connect to multi endpoints (I have a hard phone, tablet, and smartphone that I would only need 1 ext instead of 2 or 3 (if I have the Smartphone , i would not start the same ext on my tablet)

You could also go into settings>sip settings and reverse the listen ports on chan_sip and PJsip submit, apply and restart asterisk

Try my first option as even reversing the listen ports didn't work for what I wanted to use 13 for.

Good Luck

tine

Reaction score
Mainenotarynet,
I tried your suggestions but adapter still does not register. Maybe I should have mentioned that I also have a SIP trunk configured on the PBX. It is a Voip.ms service and it registers on port 5061 in the VOIP.ms account registration status. As I had mentioned the PBX and the HT502 are on the same network behind a router. Could this be the conflict.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I should have mentioned that I also have a SIP trunk configured on the PBX. It is a Voip.ms service and it registers on port 5061 in the VOIP.ms account registration status. As I had mentioned the PBX and the HT502 are on the same network behind a router. Could this be the conflict.

Doesn't matter. The HT502, the PBX and your VOIP.ms service all are assigned different IP addresses ... and as a result, none of the devices on your LAN "care" if there's another device listening on the same port.

If you don't have the Grandstream HT502 Configuration manual ... I'd recommend getting a copy from here: http://www.grandstream.com/products...alog-telephone-adaptors/product/handytone-502

/Pete./

Last edited:

tine

Reaction score
Pete,

I agree that it should not matter since they are on the same network. The problem is that no matter what I seem to do, it still does not register. As I had mentioned before, I had this device working on an earlier version of PIAF without problems. Since I was forced to upgrade to this version that when the problem started.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
At this point, it would be helpful to see how the HT502 extension is configured. There could be something critical missing which 'fresh eyes' might be able to spot. Make sure you first 'xxxx' any sensitive details.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
I have configured the FXS2 port of a Grandstream HT502 ATA in my inventory to operate with an Incredible PBX 13-12.2 (Asterisk 13.5.0; Incredible GUI 12.0.39). This system was built from the IncrediblePBX 13-12.2 ISO.

The attached configuration files show the "Basic," "Advanced," and "FXS Port 2" of the ATA. The settings reflected in these files do work, though configured as CHAN_SIP on port 5061. Compare what's shown in the attachment here with your own configuration.

The FXS Port 1 is configured to work with another PIAF system (Asterisk 11.15.0; FreePBX 12.0.76.2; PIAF 3.0.6.6) which is exclusively CHAN_SIP on the default port of the ATA and PIAF - 5060.

I've also included the extension configuration file as it appears for Extension 266 of the IncrediblePBX 13-12.2 system.

/Pete./

Attachments

• Config-GS_HT502_PDF.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

tine

Reaction score
Pete,
My config was similar to yours, but I made the minor changes to ensure it was the same. Still a no go!! The only thing I can determine is that your firmware is probably older that mine, because i have a few other things in mine that I don't see on yours I believe I have the latest firmware: Program 1.0.14.1, bootloader 1.0.0.18, core 1.0.14.1, base 1.0.14.1. extra, 1.0.14.1, and cpe 1.0.1.48. Product model HT-502V1.2A. Pls confirm.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Pete,
My config was similar to yours, but I made the minor changes to ensure it was the same. Still a no go!! The only thing I can determine is that your firmware is probably older that mine, because i have a few other things in mine that I don't see on yours I believe I have the latest firmware: Program 1.0.14.1, bootloader 1.0.0.18, core 1.0.14.1, base 1.0.14.1. extra, 1.0.14.1, and cpe 1.0.1.48. Product model HT-502V1.2A. Pls confirm.
@tine Yup, there are some differences. My ATA bears the following features:
Product Model -- HT-502 V1.2A
Program-- 1.0.5.10
Bootloader-- 1.0.0.15
Core-- 1.0.5.9
Base-- 1.0.5.10​
To be determined: if Grandstream has a firmware update that could be applied to this unit to see if it can match your model ... and then retest it's function with an IncrediblePBX13-12.2 system.

/Pete./

tine

Reaction score
Pete,
The GS site has the latest firmware for this device. Pls try it.

tine

Reaction score
Pete,

Did you get to the updated firmware on your HT502?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.