TUTORIAL HowTo: Flash Operator Panel 2 Installation

asternic

Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

Let me suggest again to modify the guide as to not alter FreePBX scripts at all. It will only cause problems with future freepbx upgrades or different versions.

It is better to just disable Fop1 in FreePBX (can be done via web in 2.9, or setting FOP_RUN=false in /etc/amportal.conf in older versions).

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

Let me suggest again to modify the guide as to not alter FreePBX scripts at all. It will only cause problems with future freepbx upgrades or different versions.

It is better to just disable Fop1 in FreePBX (can be done via web in 2.9, or setting FOP_RUN=false in /etc/amportal.conf in older versions).

I'll take a look at it next week when I'm back from vacation. Thanks

eCase

Reaction score
I had a perfect system until yesterday, but then I had to go and upgrade FreePBX to 2.9, and then try to upgrade fop to fop 2.2, and somewhere along the way I must have messed something up. Unfortuantely I am not sure which change broke my server, so I am trying to troubleshoot two issues at once.

My system:

PIAF: 1.7.5.6.2 (iso downloaded 5/22/2011)
FreePBX: 2.9.0.7
Asterisk: 1.8.4.1
Kernel Ver: 2.6.18-238.9.1.e15 - 32 Bit

Issue 1= FreePBX upgrade to 2.9:
After upgrading FreePBX to 2.9, I saw the notice stating "You are running with the default, well-known Asterisk Manager Password". I tried to enter a new password in ConfigEdit=> /etc/amportal.conf but it wouldn't save. I gave up trying to figure out the problem and moved on to upgrading my fop to fop 2.2.

Issue 2= FOP upgrade to 2.2:
I followed the fop2 install instructions from: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/howto-flash-operator-panel-2-installation.6890/
While following the instructions, I learned that the asterisk manager password was placed in at least two locations: /etc/amportal.conf and /etc/asterisk/manager.conf.
The instructions say to make sure the passwords are the same - so I took it upon myself to go ahead and change the passwords (identical, of course, just not the default amp111).
I used Putty to do this. I followed the rest of the instructions. The only mistake I made was failing to catch the introduction of the instructions:
"This upgrade applies to the ks16 or ks16alt install of 32 bit PiaF. Asterisk 1.6.0.6, 1.6.1.1, 1.6.2.0, 1.6.2.6 with FreePBX 2.5.2.2 and 2.6.0.2, PiaF Purple, Asterisk 1.8, FreePBX 2.8.10."
(No mention of FreePBX 2.9 - not sure if this is a problem or not)

When finished, I ran:
/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test
It responded with the expected:
Flash Operator Panel 2 - No valid license found. Demo Mode
Connection to manager OK!

I thought everything was working great, but when I go back to the GUI FreePBX, the dashboard shows:

Asterisk=Error
Op Panel=Warn - switches back and forth from Warn to OK
MySql=OK
Web Server=Error - switches back and forth from Error to OK
SSH=OK

Additionally, the FreePBX notice I get is:

retrieve_conf failed, config not applied
(Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1)
(freepbx.RCONFFAIL)
Ironically, I no longer get the notice about the default password being used :)

I check the Asterisk Logfiles, and see these two messages that seem to be relevant:
[2011-06-14 14:27:03] VERBOSE[22475] manager.c: == Connect attempt from '127.0.0.1' unable to authenticate
[2011-06-14 14:28:53] NOTICE[22526] manager.c: 127.0.0.1 failed to authenticate as 'admin'

My users (5 WINXP PRO SP2 workstations using softphones) are still able to make and receive calls, but the quality is not great. I am locked out of many FreePBX modules.

I have tried to reverse everything I changed when upgrading FOP2, I have tried to change the manager password back to amp111, but I cannot fix this issue on my own.
Can anyone lend me some help?
Thanks
Ethan Case

Last edited by a moderator:

eCase

Reaction score
*I ran the incrediblepbx installer script earlier this month
*I ran update-programs, update-fixes, yum update, and passwd-master just before posting my request for help, just to see if I'd get lucky :)

Attachments

• PIAFStatus06.14.2011.JPG.pdf
    78.8 KB · Views: 7

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
Issue 1= FreePBX upgrade to 2.9:
After upgrading FreePBX to 2.9, I saw the notice stating "You are running with the default, well-known Asterisk Manager Password". I tried to enter a new password in ConfigEdit=> /etc/amportal.conf but it wouldn't save. I gave up trying to figure out the problem and moved on to upgrading my fop to fop 2.2.

Check here.

Might fix issue 2 also.

-Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

eCase

Reaction score
Thanks Greg for the super fast reply... I tried it, but my issue still isn't resolved. I believe that solution fixed the annoying Notice about the password being default - my problem has grown more complicated since trying to install fop2.2.
Based off the error message and the logfiles, I think my problem has to do with the password not being correct somewhere - am I correct? If so, I think I can slowly try to retrace all my steps to make sure I change every instance of the password back to amp111.
Any thoughts or corrections is very much welcomed!

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
I check the Asterisk Logfiles, and see these two messages that seem to be relevant:
This might be your problem:

[2011-06-14 14:27:03] VERBOSE[22475] manager.c: == Connect attempt from '127.0.0.1' unable to authenticate
[2011-06-14 14:28:53] NOTICE[22526] manager.c: 127.0.0.1 failed to authenticate as 'admin'

Looks like your admin password is incorrect versus the database. It's okay to have the default password.

eCase

Reaction score
i changed all the passwords that I could find back to the default amp111. I issued an amportal restart command. Now when I log into FreePBX, I dont even get the dashboard... I get this:
FATAL ERROR
DB Error: connect failed
Trace Back
/var/www/html/admin/common/db_connect.php:63 die_freepbx()
[0]: DB Error: connect failed

/var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:75 require_once()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/common/db_connect.php

/var/www/html/admin/config.php:61 require()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php

I'm stuck here...

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Type help-pbx or pbx-help and look at the scripts for changing the passwords. Don't manually change the passwords, you are just asking for trouble or in your case found it.

You may want to consider re-installing. Sometimes it's faster than trying to identify and fix the problem.

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
It does look like a password issue. FWIW, amp111 is only the default for the asterisk manager. 'passw0rd' is the default root password for mysql which is the basis of how freepbx operates.

Did you change the mysql password at all or just edited files that use a password to access it? It is a more difficult process to change the mysql password then just changing a file. I'm guessing you changed one of the config files which used that password to access mysql. Try going back to the files that had a password of 'passw0rd' and put it back to that.

If you don't have a lot of configuration already done, and can't figure it out in 10-15 minutes, just reinstall.

-Greg

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
*edit* Also another very minor complaint. FOP2 doesn't show you who you are logged in as. Obviously not a problem for most users, but as an admin it could be useful.

Lorne

You are always logged on as the extension in the Upper Left corner.

Dan Lawrence

Reaction score
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but has anyone used the Centos 5 - 64bits source to build FOP2 on a Scientific Linux system?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Nope - but the CentOS5 works on CentOS6 so it should work on S-L OS as well, shouldn't it? I have RentPBX on 6.4 (Green) and I made no changes to the install according to FOP2 install guide on their website. Try it, if it doesn't install correctly just find all your FOP2 references(folders) and delete them then ask in the FOP2 Forums.

Good Luck

Jake

Reaction score
Yes. Look at the instructions on the FOP website.

elis merkaj

Reaction score
hi there i have this problem

ServerVD:~ # amportal stop_fop
If 'amportal' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
cnf amportal
ServerVD:~ #

i have
ServerVD:~ # uname -a
Linux ServerVD 3.11.10-21-default #1 SMP Mon Jul 21 15:28:46 UTC 2014 (9a9565d) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and i can`t enter on 192.x.x.x./fop2

i can acces to the http://192.x.x.x./fop2/admin/index.php and FOP2 Server Status: OK - Version: 2.31.01 even the
ServerVD:~ # /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test
Flash Operator Panel 2 - License file fop2.lic not found.
Running in Demo Mode

and i did this to
ServerVD:~ # netstat -lnp | grep 4445
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:4445 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 625/fop2_server

i have this Asterisk 1.8.29.0-vici
ViciBox Server v.6.0
i don`t know if you need any other info

what can i do,help needed pls :(

Last edited:

QueBall

Reaction score
hi there i have this problem

ServerVD:~ # amportal stop_fop
If 'amportal' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
cnf amportal

i have
ServerVD:~ # uname -a
Linux ServerVD 3.11.10-21-default #1 SMP Mon Jul 21 15:28:46 UTC 2014 (9a9565d) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and i can`t enter on 192.x.x.x./fop2

i can acces to the http://192.x.x.x./fop2/admin/index.php and FOP2 Server Status: OK - Version: 2.31.01 even the
ServerVD:~ # /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test
Flash Operator Panel 2 - License file fop2.lic not found.
Running in Demo Mode

and i did this to
ServerVD:~ # netstat -lnp | grep 4445
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:4445 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 625/fop2_server

i have this Asterisk 1.8.29.0-vici
ViciBox Server v.6.0
i don`t know if you need any other info

what can i do,help needed pls :(

You probably already figured this out, but I'm pretty sure I had similar trouble getting it working at first.

Check your apache error logs. Likely in /var/log/apache2.
If you see "/var/www/html/fop2/.htaccess: Invalid command 'Header', perhaps misspelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration"

It means your apache does not have the "Header" module enabled.

You can either remove or rename the .htaccess file /var/www/html/fop/.htaccess or enable the header module in apache. Easy way to do that is if you have webmin installed you can enable the module and restart the apache service.

Removing the header directive lines from the .htaccess file or renaming it will not cause great problems. It's just trying to force a header on these pages to tell your browser not to cache the page content. Probably you would only see a glitch after doing any upgrades where you might have to clear your browser cache if you try to go back in without closing the browser immediately after the upgrade when the static bits of the page might have changed after the upgrade.

You can rename the .htaccess file in the /var/www/html/fop2 folder temporarily to test, if it works you can then enable the header module in apache and rename the file back again.
If you have webmin installed try https://serverip:9001 (use the IP of your server and port your webmin is running under).
Login with root or a user with similar access to change server settings. Go to Servers->Apache Webserver, Click Global Configuration tab, Configure Apache Modules. If "Headers" module is not enabled, check it off and choose enable selected modules. In the top right of the page click apply settings. It should work now, if not try stopping apache then starting it again in the same part of the page.

Some other steps you may have to take:
Make sure to create a fop2 asterisk manager user in /etc/asterisk/manager_custom.conf as mentioned in the install instructions.

But make a nice random password for the secret. Do not just use the default password given in the example.
Change the default setting in /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg with the password you made
start the service with the command "service fop2 start"
If the fop2 still shows the daemon is not running, you may need to put in:
; Daemon definitions
listen_ip = 0.0.0.0
listen_port = 4445
;restrict_host = www.asternic.org
web_dir = /var/www/html/fop2

Some of those lines are commented out in the example cfg file.

Do "services fop2 restart" to get it running, give it about 30 seconds to start up and try again.

If you have iptables set to block only known ports even from localhost and the lan subnet you may need to modify your firewall to allow port 4445 from localhost. The default should allow all localhost connections but if you followed some system guides/scripts with locked down firewall rules it may have led to this condition. If you are installing on another vm/machine then there are a bunch of additional things to check, I would start getting things working on the same box as the asterisk server and grow from there once you have it figured out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.