SOLVED How to create Avantfax Cover Page

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I've researched and I'm afraid some of the content that was around to create a cover page was either lost in the great server crash, or had links to programs / files that no longer exist.

Can someone please post instructions on how to create a custom Cover Page?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
OK - even though I modify the faxcover.html - it still seems to use the .ps version of the cover page.

I then found a thread saying you need to install "yum install html2ps" - so I did that.
Still doesn't work, it is not using the HTML file coverpage.html

I looked around at /var/www/html/avantfax/includes/faxcover and think I found the answer. There's a line that say's "using_html_cp=false" ...well I want to use a HTML coverpage, so I changed that to true. Now when I send out a fax selecting either HTML or the Standard Page version, I get /var/www/html/avantfax/tmp/xxxx.ps empty file.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Got it. :) .... after installing the html2ps, one must modify the includes/local_config.php file.

HTML2PS = '/usr/bin/html2ps' - was set to '/usr/local/bin/html2ps'

I swear if I don't post these things, then a year later I try to find the answer and find my own post - LOL. (It's happened before, and I'm sure it'll happen again).

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
I swear if I don't post these things, then a year later I try to find the answer and find my own post - LOL. (It's happened before, and I'm sure it'll happen again).
Same here.

Reaction score
And here we are - it just happened again LOL

Hi I followed your steps but can't get it to work ....

When i choose html cover it sends the page without any cover at all

If I choose generic letter it send the regular cover.....

There are some html files on the tmp folder with all the information of the coverpage

Any ideas ?

Reaction score
I enable the DEBUG but still nothing showing on the log , I don't know where else to look for the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I enable the DEBUG but still nothing showing on the log , I don't know where else to look for the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

What version are you using, and you did this?
Got it. :) .... after installing the html2ps, one must modify the includes/local_config.php file.

Reaction score

Hi

I am using Incredible PBX 13-12.17 for Raspberry Pi 3B
Avantfax version 3.3.5

I followed all your steps including changing the path for html2ps

"WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX VM behind a secure hardware-based firewall.
root@raspberrypi:~ $ whereis html2ps
html2ps: /usr/bin/html2ps /usr/share/man/man1/html2ps.1.gz
WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX VM behind a secure hardware-based firewall.
root@raspberrypi:~ $ "

Still no luck no html cover at all ... :(

I still see the HTML file in the /tmp folder ready to be sent but nothing

Last edited:
Reaction score

What do you se when you run html2ps from command line ?

I get :
Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at /usr/bin/html2ps line 3409.

It did install

html2ps version 1.0 beta7-1

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found this on the net , i am having the exact same behaviour but I'm sure I did not screwed up any configuration file :

"""Lams - 2014-10-08
I have avantfax 3.3.3 on hylafax+-5.5.5 running on a debian 7 platform.
I am unable to send faxes with the html cover page - it throws up an error: syntax

Strangely, if I send the coverpage alone - it works well. If I add a document with it - that 's when I get the error. When I send the document alone (without the cover page), I still get the coverpage anyway - at the end of the document!

I am sure I have screwed up a configuration somewhere - could anyone help please.

Lams ""

Last edited:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Sorry, I use it with Centos and don't own a Pi, so I can't really help there.

Reaction score
That is available in the debian buster repos, but seriously the fixes are purely cosmetic if you are debian 5 or above.

I have never had a problem with it but in general you need to read and edit every line in

includes/local_config.php

maybe

https://sourceforge.net/p/avantfax/discussion/540877/thread/c2ad146e/

will help your debugging

You are correct changes are purely cosmetic.

After working a little bit more with includes/local_config.php , I manage to have the generated HTML to PS in the tmp folder but for some reason its not send with the fax .

Any ideas ?

Do I also need to modify the includes/config.php file dont think so ??? Any other file to look into ?

Last edited:

shane johnson

Reaction score
Same issues running a pi and avantfax 3.3.5. I've made the changes to all the config files but when I send a fax, if I use the generic letter it sends the default, and if I do the HTML it sends no cover letter. If I send just a cover letter and no pdf when using the html, I just get a fax of the raw HTML file. Any other ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.