How to configure "Asterisk Sip Settings" in freepbx

hurrymonkey

Reaction score
Hi,
I just installed the latest PIAF 7.5.3 on a new server, and noticed "Asterisk Sip Settings" in freepbx.
Does anyone have any recommendations/advice on how to set it up?

Lost Trunk

Guru
Reaction score
I'll bump this because this is something I'd like to know too. In particular I'd like to know what the differences might be for a server behind a NAT firewall vs. a server that is on a fixed IP address protected only by iptables.

Also, in the latest PBX in a Flash it shows a warning message at the top:

ERRORS
  • Settings in /etc/asterisk/sip_general_custom.conf may override these. Those settings should be removed.
  • Settings in /etc/asterisk/sip_custom.conf may override these. Those settings should be removed.
Is that something we should be concerned about?

dswartz

Guru
Reaction score
my understanding is that the settings you refer to should no longer be necessary in those custom files, as you can set them in the sip settings screen.

hurrymonkey

Reaction score
I'll bump this because this is something I'd like to know too. In particular I'd like to know what the differences might be for a server behind a NAT firewall vs. a server that is on a fixed IP address protected only by iptables.

Also, in the latest PBX in a Flash it shows a warning message at the top:

ERRORS
  • Settings in /etc/asterisk/sip_general_custom.conf may override these. Those settings should be removed.
  • Settings in /etc/asterisk/sip_custom.conf may override these. Those settings should be removed.
Is that something we should be concerned about?
I just ended up uninstalling the module.
Everything works fine without it. So until we learn more about it and its consequences, I would just not bother with it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.