RECOMMENDATIONS How many do this full time?

voip_user

Reaction score
I've been in the VoIP business for a while, and I've already landed a 2K seat Cisco install for 2017. However no matter how hard I try I just can't crack the open source world. I've designed some nice systems based on Twilio with asterisk and had some elegant solutions that are easy to support and affordable, but so far only 1 customer has bitten. Does anyone else who does this full time find it hard to sell open source based products?

My biggest takeaways

Customers who have money want cisco/avaya/mitel smacked on the box.

Customers who are interested in open source have the budget buying 3 cell phones and placing them in the lobby for everyone to share.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkykingOH

Guru
Reaction score
Had great success over 10 years. We listed school districts, health care institutions, call centers and all types of business.

Sangoma thought well enough of the work product to acquire our clients.

** SPAM removed **

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

KNERD

Reaction score
wow...we got it opposite. Our customers want the cheapest possible so we do tons of open source stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.