RECOMMENDATIONS High performance alternative to Digital Ocean

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Anything significant changed in the 2 years since that review?

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Well heck, $50 credit promotion today if you sign up... that's 5 months of a $10 instance for free... I'm trying.
I'm uploading the Elastix ISO and we shall see how she goes....

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Sourceforge ISO transfer at about 500K per second peak... not so impressive.

stuck

Reaction score
Sourceforge ISO transfer at about 500K per second peak... not so impressive.
When I downloaded an Elastix ISO from Sourceforge, using my local server and with wable, the performace was in the 2-300K/s. I believe the issue is w/ Sourceforge.

$50 credit lasts for 60 days.
So if you sign up for the $10/mo plan, you'll get 2 months of service for free, the remaining $30 credit will disappear, correct?

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
that is correct.
I installed Ubuntu and incrediblePBX/Asterisk 13; blazing fast -- took about 25 minutes from start to finish.
Very nice VNC Console from control pane.
Very fast file transfer

cmariotti

Reaction score
that is correct.
I installed Ubuntu and incrediblePBX/Asterisk 13; blazing fast -- took about 25 minutes from start to finish.
Very nice VNC Console from control pane.
Very fast file transfer
Any updates on your experience? Was thinking digitalocean... but like the ISO option here.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
ImpactVPS announcement today:
We have been hard at work putting together new features and enhancements for our panel. One of the most highly requested features for the panel was to be able to self enable vm features. Today I am happy to announce that you can now enable Tun, PPP, FUSE and NFS in our panel and when you enable the options, they will persist on reinstalls.

To learn how to take advantage of this new functionality, we have updated our VDR getting started guide ( http://impactvps.com/knowledgebase/getting-started-vdr-virtual-dedicated-resources-pool/ ). You can find the information under the "Enabling VM features" section. As with all updates there is a possibility of bugs. If you should find any we ask that you please report them to us via ticket.

This is the first of many additions we have planned and always welcome your feedback on functionality you would like to see.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.