QUESTION Help with Voicemail Notifications and CDR records

Joe Lones

Reaction score
First off, I'm new here so have mercy. I've been reading and almost got the setup to where I want it except for some small issues.

1) Firstly, I've specified a Recording Location on a cifs share and for my Ring Group I have selected to always Record Calls. So I do in fact see the recordings on my NAS. However, how do I properly delete all entries including saved files without messing too much with mysql? I notice there's a CDR Reports section but cannot see an option to delete all? Is there some interface for that or is it purely a mysql backend thing?

2) Secondly, I've added two extensions within a Ring Group and selected a third extension which is a virtual extension for a shared voice mailbox and selected it under "Destination if no answer".

One extension is a soft phone and another one a old grandstream handytone-286 connected to a vtech phone.

For both extensions I've added 10000@default to the "Mailbox" setting such that both extensions use the same mailbox.

However, when a voicemail is received I do not get voicemail notification on my vtech phone connected to the grandstream. Is there something I missing? On the soft phone however, I do in fact see a icon/notfiication that I have a voicemail.

3) Lastly, is there some way to default to the shared voicemail box when *98 is pressed from both said extensions? I notice it always asks me for a mailbox. Tried *97 as well, same...

Thank you so much for any help

Joe Lones

Reaction score
Concerning deleting the CDR, I see with phpmyadmin the table asteriskcdrdb/cdr, however, for all rows, I noticed the recordingfile field empty. I do have .wav files in the new Recording Location, but shouldn't the filenames be somewhere in the db?

I just want to be able to properly purge the db and filesystem of recordings. Not sure this is the best way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhonn
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.