TIPS Hangup not detected FXO

goblin

Reaction score
Asterisk Version: 1.8.20.1
FreePBX 2.8.1.5
PIAF Installed 2.0.6.3
Dahdi Unknown
Libpri source 1.4.12

Hi there i just installed a TDM400P Rev1 4 FXO port, the card is making and receiving calls but after making a couple of calls i can see that there is no hungup in asterisk CLI after i terminate the call, and when im trying to dial again i get a busy signal.

Analog Ports are in kewl start : from-zaptel

wonder if you guys can help me out on this. Regards.

goblin

Reaction score
I've already check those site's but for some reason asterisk doesn't detect that the PSTN line has hangup and when i dial again i get a busy signal.

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
As those links all state, if your provider doesn't or won't provide "disconnect supervision" you will have to rely on "busydetect=yes and busycount=whatsreasonable" and wait, but that only works if the provider sends a "howler" tone which has been around since the 1940's or more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-hook_tone , if they do so indicate "off-hook", then you might need to adjust your dahdi config to be in alignment with what sort of howler tone they do supply and if non-standard you might need to adjust your DAHDI "indications" tone format., if however they do supply supervision then it is perhaps a "wink" perhaps a "battery reversal" perhaps . . . , the DAHDI defaults are for PSTN lines in North America with "far end disconnect supervision" enabled using a "wink" or CPC where the timing is well described here http://www.sandman.com/cpcbull.html.

Last edited:

goblin

Reaction score
Hi there you guys, thanks in advanced for the help, i've tried a everything stated in those link's, currently im using it on a 4 mexican phone lines, Im able to make and receive calls but after the call is ended sor some reason dont detect the hangup and if i dial again i get a busy signal.

dicko

Reaction score
stick a regular phone with a lighted keypad on the line make a call, wait for the caller to hangup, if the display doesn't flash within a few seconds you don't have CPC . wait a few minutes, does it make a noise,? if it doesn't then you can't use busy detect., if it does then you need your "indications" to detect that cadence, if none of that works, I don't know what else to suggest.

Last edited:

goblin

Reaction score
Im using Dahdi only, dont know if it's the best approach.

dicko

Reaction score
DAHDI can only work within what your provider sends, if they don't send anyway to know when a caller disconnected then you are pretty well, and to use a technical term, "buggered" :)

I suggest you call the provider.

Reaction score
Look at the links I provided one even includes and additional device that helps with this. The question is why aren't you using SIP trunks?

goblin

Reaction score
The thing is that the user reduced budget and cancelled the SIP trunk provider (it sucks), but is the situation right know.

goblin

Reaction score
Well after trying a couple of things and reinstalling dahdi now my card is not detected, any ideas how to resolve the detection of the card again ?

and dahdi source version is unknown.

Reaction score
Review my posts

Code:
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/search/19465277/?q=dahdi&o=date&c[user][0]=2308

Reaction score
Code:
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/install-aex800-wildcard-using-dahdi-on-piaf-purple.11214/

goblin

Reaction score
The thing is that not even dahdi_tool detects the card
i ran an "lspci
Code:
01:00.0 Network controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface

and the card is detected as a network card, previously it was detecting the card as TDM400P and now im struggling to get it working again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.