GVoice FreePBX Module Issues

RTOMikey

Guru
Reaction score
I have a backup container image that functions great, I bring it up as a play toy, and when I succeed, integrate to production, and when I fail, just wipe it out lol. Although if it goes to MySql, figure it probably will fall under the fail, since right now I use like 4 gazillion lines in jabber and ext_Cus to do the job.....

RTOMikey

Guru
Reaction score
well, first try failed, uploaded module, installed, confirmed install, and admin page went blank permanently

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
First off. The module is not supported by FreePBX staff

Second. The developer has stated it's in alpha and doesn't even work with FreePBX 2.9

RTOMikey

Guru
Reaction score
I know, am just trying things out..... am sure there are others that would benefit as well if I could give input and help make it able to integrate with existing systems.

oneadvent

Reaction score
I installed this and now I cannot load FreePBX, nor can I load webmin.

How can I uninstall this without the GUI?

Thanks.

oneadvent

Reaction score
Actually AvantFax, NerdVittles Astridex, NerdVittles Reminders, MeetMe and Flash Operator Panel all work.

Voicemail and Recordings, Webmin and FreePBX do not. They either show blank or that the connection was refused, even with the firewall off.

I had cleared out some stuff in my jabber (I do not really use Google Voice) do you think that could be the issue? I was adding this for future use.

oneadvent

Reaction score
Code:
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin delete googlevoice

Because I'm a good Googler I did that, but it is still showing on
Code:
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin list

Its like its all stuck with the wrong permission or something, but I'm root so maybe its not that.

Reaction score
UPDATED
This code now works for both FreePBX 2.8 and 2.9
Edit functions.inc.php, in the beginning you see two include_once:
Code:
require_once("functions.inc.php");
require_once("extensions.class.php");
Change that to:
Code:
global $amp_conf;
// Do we run FreePBX 2.8?
if(file_exists($amp_conf['AMPWEBROOT']."/admin/extensions.class.php")) {
  // Yes, then include these files
  require_once("functions.inc.php");
  require_once("extensions.class.php");
  } else {
        //We are on a FreePBX 2.9 system
        require_once("libraries/extensions.class.php");
}
Mikael Carlsson
FreePBX Development Team

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
A prepatched version 0.0.9.1 that works in both FreePBX 2.8 and 2.9 can be downloaded from our source repo.

dskbass

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully removed the incrediblepbx Google Voice integration and has this module working? Can you post yor process, I removed Jabber contents, removed anything to do with Goole voice from the extension-custom.conf, removed trunks and routes. restarted installed new module, restarted and now am stuck. I can recieve calls but am unable to make calls?

cliff

Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully removed the incrediblepbx Google Voice integration and has this module working? Can you post yor process, I removed Jabber contents, removed anything to do with Goole voice from the extension-custom.conf, removed trunks and routes. restarted installed new module, restarted and now am stuck. I can recieve calls but am unable to make calls?
I did just what you did but removed just the account info from Jabber late last night. Incoming test calls went to Google voice mail. Outbound rang my test phone immediately, but, I couldn't hear the answered call and I continued to get the ring tone on the calling extension. Tried several times and got the same result. I gave up. This morning, without any changes, both outgoing and incoming were working. I added a second account and it works. I've been successfully making calls for the past hour. Calls connect much faster than the original method.

I don't know why it didn't work last night.

PS: As long as I get quality software @ this price, I have no complaints. And not even an entertainment surcharge.

dskbass

Reaction score
Back to topic please...anyone?

cliff

Guru
Reaction score
The GV module created an Outbound Route but placed it at the bottom of my list. After repositioning, it worked. What GV outbound route do you have? What happens when you attempt a GV call? Logs?

Reaction score
I did just what you did but removed just the account info from Jabber late last night. Incoming test calls went to Google voice mail. Outbound rang my test phone immediately, but, I couldn't hear the answered call and I continued to get the ring tone on the calling extension. Tried several times and got the same result. I gave up. This morning, without any changes, both outgoing and incoming were working. I added a second account and it works. I've been successfully making calls for the past hour. Calls connect much faster than the original method.

I don't know why it didn't work last night.

PS: As long as I get quality software @ this price, I have no complaints. And not even an entertainment surcharge.

My guess would be that it has something to do with waiting for the original Jabber connection to time out before the new one could be established. Restarting Asterisk might have hastened the process, but eventually the old connection timed out and then Google Voice would accept the new one.

So for anyone else having this issue, I'd suggest either restarting Asterisk (for example, from the Asterisk CLI you can do core restart when convenient to restart as soon as there are no in-progress calls) or even rebooting the system — or, you could just be patient for a while and wait to see if it starts working.

dskbass

Reaction score
I have. it states the call has been answered. googletalk and jabber both show the channel in use during call placement I restored from backup and using incrediblepbx version again. log has since been over written and I did not think to copy it.

dskbass

Reaction score
I restarted the machine no avail. needed to leave came back 2 hrs later nothing. I will load on spare machine and try. just wondering if anyone else had succsess removing the old and using the new way.

dskbass

Reaction score
Thank You Michigan. I expected instant gratification. will try on spare

cliff

Guru
Reaction score
What is the quality assessment of each method?

I’m using the new method for the first time today. It initiates outbound calls almost immediately. Much faster than the original. The quality and timing seem somewhat inconsistent and generally not as good. On many outbound calls the incoming side is good but the people I call complain at first. It clears in 5 to 20 seconds.

What’s your experience?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The code is essentially the same as the current Incredible PBX methodology so... there really shouldn't be a difference in results. The code has simply been moved into extensions_additional which is managed internally by FreePBX.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksmith032121
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.