TRY THIS GrandStream "Peer SIP Trunk" in PIAF

qtlnx

Reaction score
No, but I've seen the same contents elsewhere. My peer does not require user credentials. The task is to define the same settings as in Figure 12 in the grandstream document.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Are you trying to use the ht503 to connect a pots line to your pbx, or trying to connect your pbx to a gs ucm6100?

qtlnx

Reaction score
I am trying to use the ht503 as an FXO interface between my home telephone line and the latest IncrediblePBX just installed from an ISO image.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
try using chan_sip instead of pjsip
a google search came up with this, this, and this plus many more
try something other than the ucm6100 example

qtlnx

Reaction score
I've seen those pages many times. It probably well understood for an experienced asterisk hacker but not for a somewhat beginner.
ucm6100 example is given to by grandstream support when I asked them if there is any detail information on using ht503 FXO interface with asterisk. On this very forum there were people who used ht503 as far as 2008 but really none posted detailed steps, just pieces so that was pretty useless.
For outgoing, instead of long list of useless parameters provided in samples I created a CUSTOM trunk, leaving all defaults besides Trunk Name set to arbitrary name and Custom Dial String set to SIP/$OUTNUM$@ht503_ip_address
Based on the Figure 12 number of parameters (two) and the same logical meaning (name and address) it is an exact answer on my original question.

Last edited:
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.