Grandstream GXP2020 Intercom and Paging

witdirect

Reaction score
I have 5 Grandstream GXP2020 phones and I need to get paging and intercom working. I created a group for them but they don't work.
Can someone give me the break down of steps to get it working?

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
In the configuration screen for the individual line that you want to enable intercom use for, locate and enable these two settings:
Allow Auto Answer by Call-Info

Turn off speaker on remote disconnect

Boolah

Guru
Reaction score
Did you install the Paging & Intercom module?

witdirect

Reaction score
Yes I installed the module and which lines on the phones or in freepbx?

Boolah

Guru
Reaction score
Once the module is installed, it should be pretty straight forward.
  1. In FreePBX, create a new Paging Group and assign the extensions who should be members of this group.
  2. On your 2020's enable both of these settings for each account on the phone where paging will be used (as mentioned by tshif): Allow Auto Answer by Call-Info and Turn off speaker on remote disconnect
That should be it. Just dial the paging group you created in step #1 and things should work.

witdirect

Reaction score
Ok I followed these steps and everything works. Well there is one hitch now the phones auto answer incoming calls automatically instead of allowing users to answer incoming calls.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
There are two entries worded in a similar fashion -

Make sure you have enabled "Auto Answer by Call-Info", and that "Auto Answer" is disabled.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
So to recap, the two settings as listed in the auto-provisioning (for line1) are:

P298 = 1 (allow auto answer by call-info)
P299 = 1 (turn off speaker on remote disconnect)

Now - how will this function with the "Intercom" button on the 2020? I'd assume you could press "intercom" + multi-purpose key of another extension? or the paging ring group?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Boolah

Guru
Reaction score
You would think this is the way the Intercom button on the phone would work, but it doesn't. It works just like a speed dial button. So you could program it to call a paging group (just enter the extension number assigned to the paging group), but cannot use the button for multi-step dialing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.