BUG Grandstream FW Dropping registration

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
OK - this took me several days to track down. After moving from Wable to Digital Ocean, I used OSS Endpoint Manager to upgrade the firmware on GXP21xx phones to the current (non-beta) 1.0.7.25 and couldn't find out why my registrations kept dropping and re-registering 20 seconds later. I knew I had something configured wrong, smelled of a NAT or network related issue, but couldn't find it. Finally I found on a Grandstream forum other that had the problem with the recommendation to downgrade to 1.0.7.15 (which was Beta). I found the FW and downgraded and my problem went away !!!!

So if you look through your logs and find peer unreachable, followed by it being found 20 seconds later (the sip registration failure wait time) - check your firmware.

1.0.7.25 has a bug, find the 1.0.7.15 and replace it. I found and have it for GXP2160 and 2170 if anyone needs it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.