FOOD FOR THOUGHT Google Voice-SIP gateway

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I just tried it myself, and it does register successfully. I can call out just fine, but when I try to call in, a woman's voice says that the call could not be completed at this time. That happened once. The other time, it went to GV VM. My configs were all Copy and Paste from the confirmation page.
PEER Details:
Code:
host=gvgw1.simonics.com
username=GV18435555555
secret=secretssecretsarenofun
type=peer
Reg:
Code:
GV18435555555:[email protected]/18435555555

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Add this:
Code:
qualify=yes
qualifyfreq=240
insecure=port,invite

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
And one other question, do you have working SIP trunks from other providers?

tiggerpaws

Reaction score
Ok, now the incoming call seems to come in,
but the caller cannot hear me.

I have added this to my outgoing settings:
qualify=yes qualifyfreq=240 insecure=port,invite

I do have asterisk registering
to 2 other providers, as I can see them
saying:
-- ast_get_srv: SRV lookup for '_sip._UDP.localphone.com' mapped to host proxy.localphone.com, port 5060
-- ast_get_srv: SRV lookup for '_sip._UDP.iptel.org' mapped to host sip.iptel.org, port 5060

Reaction score
At risk of stating the obvious...

You have to have logged into the associated Gmail account and have successfully made at least ONE call from the Gmail web page. The first time you do this on a system it will ask you to install a piece of software. You have to allow it to do that, then make the one call. Doesn't matter who you call, but the call must successfully complete.

Then, you have to set the destination in Google Voice to Google Chat.

And then you must LOG OUT of the associated Gmail and/or Google Voice account. If you are logged in then you may not receive incoming calls, though outbound will work just fine.

If any of those three things are not done then it can stop you from receiving calls.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Add this:
Code:
qualify=yes
qualifyfreq=240
insecure=port,invite
I tried that as well, but the call still does not reach me. I do have other SIP trunks working (Vitelity and VoipMS) reliably.
And I have used it without this interface before using the GTalk interface in Asterisk - so I have already done the "activation" call in GMail, etc.

--
Oh, and Merry Christmas!!!
--

tiggerpaws

Reaction score
It is ok, sometimes with my disability
I need things spelled out to me.

Yes, I have verified these settings,
even went through with them, already
had downloaded the software, so just
made a call to the cel phone.

Calls started to come in, but did not
hear the IVR just ringing but when
did hear IVR, pressed extension
and caller could not hear me.

At risk of stating the obvious...

You have to have logged into the associated Gmail account and have successfully made at least ONE call from the Gmail web page. The first time you do this on a system it will ask you to install a piece of software. You have to allow it to do that, then make the one call. Doesn't matter who you call, but the call must successfully complete.

Then, you have to set the destination in Google Voice to Google Chat.

And then you must LOG OUT of the associated Gmail and/or Google Voice account. If you are logged in then you may not receive incoming calls, though outbound will work just fine.

If any of those three things are not done then it can stop you from receiving calls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.