QUESTION From user rewriting/SIP trunk failure

jermudgeon

Reaction score
Setup: XIVO (* 14.2.0) SIP trunk to FreePBX (* 1.8.19.1) vs. IAX trunk

Using an IAX trunk, [host=192.168.x.x, username=someusername, secret=somesecret, type=friend, qualify=yes, trunk=no, transfer=no] with similar config on XIVO side, I can pass calls freely back and forth, even with XIVO Users -> Outgoing Caller ID = Customize.

With a SIP trunk (needed for T.38), similar configuration (I've tried both peer and friend, dynamic and static IP, with and without authentication), as soon as I set caller ID in XIVO to Customize, I get "username mismatch, have <XXX>, digest has <XXX>" in FreePBX. If I set "Rewriting the From field-User" on the trunk in XIVO to the trunk username, I can pass the call, but unfortunately it no longer shows the customized caller ID.

If there were a way to set outbound routes by User, then I could easily pass the calls *with* customized caller ID over IAX, and calls that need T.38 (without customized caller ID) over SIP. However, it does not appear as if call permissions+outbound routes in XIVO are intended to filter calls by *source*, but by destination.

I've tried authentication by IP only and various combinations of insecure=, but that doesn't seem to play nicely with FreePBX.

Any advice? If I had any hair left, I'd be tearing it out… Thanks!

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.