BUG Fresh install of PIAF-Green: asterisk won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub0

Reaction score
Fresh install of PIAF-Green on Proxmox. Asterisk does not start after setup completes.

Installed from pbxinaflash20650-i386.iso

amportal restart yields:

Code:
Please wait...
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in '/etc/asterisk' is set to  but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE  ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.

Code:
 ┌───────────────────SYSTEM INFORMATION *VERIFIED*─────────────────────┐
                          │  Asterisk  = OFFLINE | Dahdi    = ONLINE  | MySQL    = ONLINE    │ 
                          │  SSH        = ONLINE  | Apache    = ONLINE  | Iptables  = ONLINE    │ 
                          │  Fail2ban  = ONLINE  | Internet  = ONLINE  | Ip6Tables = ONLINE    │ 
                          │  Disk Free  = ADEQUATE| Mem Free  = ADEQUATE| NTPD      = ONLINE    │ 
                          │  SendMail  = ONLINE  | Samba    = OFFLINE | Webmin    = ONLINE    │ 
                          │  Ethernet0  = ONLINE  | Ethernet1 = N/A    | Wlan0    = N/A      │ 
                          │                                                                    │ 
                          │  PIAF Installed Version  = 2.0.6.5 under *KVM*                    │ 
                          │  FreePBX Version          = 2.11.0.35                              │ 
                          │  Running Asterisk Version = UNKNOWN                                │ 
                          │  Asterisk Source Version  = 11.10.0                                │ 
                          │  Dahdi Source Version    = 2.9.0                                  │ 
                          │  Libpri Source Version    = 1.4.14                                  │ 
                          │  IP Address              = 172.16.6.169 on eth0                    │ 
                          │  Operating System        = CentOS release 6.5 (Final)              │ 
                          │  Kernel Version          = 2.6.32-431.1.2.0.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit    │ 
                          │                                                                    │ 
                          └─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

What could be wrong?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
sub0: PIAF2 is no longer supported because of licensing concerns with RedHat.

For better results, please start over using the new PIAF3 tutorial. You'll be up and running in no time.

When the install completes, issue the following commands to get everything squared away:
Code:
chmod +x /usr/bin/pear
amportal restart
status

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Download a fresh installer this morning. All of the PIAF images have been updated to eliminate the pear issue and also provide the latest versions of Asterisk. Be sure to choose Y to run make menuconfig. Then Save and Exit by pressing X since autoconfig files for Asterisk are not yet in place. Follow the revised tutorial on Nerd Vittles to properly install.

sub0

Reaction score
Thanks Ward.

The kernel-devel package appears to be unavailable:

[root@xx ~]# yum install kernel-devel-$(uname -r)
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirrors.psychz.net
* epel: mirror.prgmr.com
* extras: mirror.pac-12.org
* updates: centos-distro.cavecreek.net

No package kernel-devel-2.6.32-504.1.3.el6.i686 available.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
To repeat: Follow the revised tutorial on Nerd Vittles to properly install.

The tutorial explained what to do next:
Code:
sed -i 's|no|yes|' /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
ifup eth0
setenforce 0
yum -y upgrade
yum -y install net-tools nano wget
yum install kernel-devel-$(uname -r)

# IF THE kernel-devel install fails (at Digital Ocean in particular), issue the 32-bit (i386) or 64-bit command below:
# rpm -Uvh ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp.centos.org/6.5/updates/i386/Packages/kernel-devel-$(uname -r).rpm
# rpm -Uvh ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp.centos.org/6.5/updates/x86_64/Packages/kernel-devel-$(uname -r).rpm

ifconfig # figure out your server IP address here
sed -i 's|quiet|quiet net.ifnames=0 biosdevdame=0|' /etc/default/grub
grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
reboot

Funniest_Memes_you-can-lead-a-horse-to-water_5069.jpeg

sub0

Reaction score
:D Not sure how I missed the part outlined in red. I must be going colorblind.

Thanks again. Install complete.

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
For the record, Ward, you pointed me yesterday to a version of that install which was not the updated one. Could that extra work not be folded into piaf3-install?

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
Further, note that I'm booting a 2.6.32-504.1.3.el6.i686 kernel, and that directory has no kernel-devel package for any builds which are not 2.6.32-431

I have a -431 kernel on my boot menu, but it's not the default.

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
<sigh> And the other kernel is 2.6.32-431.el6.i686, with no build numbers, and there isn't a matching kernel-devel for that either. I assume this is a blocker on the install; any other suggestions? Are these not the kernels I should have expected to be installed (read: not the ones you expected to be installed? :))

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
CORRECTION: Those links should say /6/, not /6.5/; since they run *after* a yum upgrade, they need to point to the current version of the major release in order to retrieve a kernel-devel that matches the kernel you'll have.

(And, indeed, the yum upgrade almost certainly needs to be followed by a reboot so you're running that kernel and uname will return the proper thing.)

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
Not working
Code:
Retrieving ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp.centos.org/6.5/updates/i386/Packages/kernel-devel-2.6.32-431.el6.i686
curl: (78) RETR response: 550
error: skipping ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp.centos.org/6.5/updates/i386/Packages/kernel-devel-2.6.32-431.el6.i686 - transfer failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.