ALERT Fresh Install Fails (asterisk will not compile)

Dave L

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just recently stumbled across this project and want to start out by saying "THANK YOU!!!" to everyone who has made this possible. I successfully set up a testbed installation a few weeks back and have been extremely impressed with how much "just works" out of the box. Last Thursday, I went to do a fresh install for production use and was surprised to find the installer (both the OVF and the IncrediblePBX 13.2 ISO on SF) no longer work for me. After several installs of watching closely (couldn't find a log file anywhere - doh!) I noticed that asterisk was failing to compile -- errors while compiling res_pjsip/config_transport.c . A little further digging revealed a new version of asterisk (13.10) came out on the 20th of this month. I tried compiling it by hand and received the same error, but it compiled and installed fine if I included --with-pjproject-bundled in my configure parameters. With that option, I saw it was bundling it with version 2.5.5 of pjproject.

As a workaround, here's what I did
1.) Deployed the OVF template in esxi and booted to the initial installation screen
2.) At this point, I reset power to the VM and restarted (could not control+c from initial screen)
3.) On the next boot, logged in as root and modified line 293 of /root/IncrediblePBX13-12R.sh to say:
wget http://www.pjsip.org/release/2.5.5/pjproject-2.5.5.tar.bz2
4.) Saved and ran Incrediblepbx13-12r.sh
5.) Installation appears to have gone off without a hitch with all services seemingly up and running

Has anyone else encountered this problem? My workaround seems to have worked but I am not sure if there are any other steps the initial installer performs that would have been skipped by doing it this way. Any insight would be greatly appreciated =)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, @Dave L . We'll fix it this morning. Your way works, but we'll probably just use the embedded pjproject going forward to avoid future problems. Testing it now.

Dave L

Reaction score
Thanks @wardmundy !! I'm sure all these dependencies have got to be a real pita to stay on top of, and there's probably little to no warning prior to one being upgraded =S

Please let me know if there is any additional info I can provide or if you want me to test anything =)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Dave L : New Incredible PBX Full Enchilada & Lean installers supporting Asterisk 13.10 are now available for CentOS/SL/RHEL and Incredible PBX ISO.

Just follow the original tutorials (below).

CoO38QSWgAAME2J.jpg

TUTORIALS:

Ubuntu and Debian coming soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctavianBebu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.