FYI FreePBX System Admin Module on PIAF

DaveDog

Reaction score
I realize I may be stirring the pot a bit here, please set me straight if my information is incorrect.

From what I can gather, only certain features of the FreePBX system admin module function in PIAF, specifically PIAF green. I believe it may have to do with PIAF and FreePBX doing things a little differently in their respective distros, but since we need to install this module to run commercial modules from Scmooze (extension routing and parking pro for example), wouldn't it be nice to have the system admin module not feel so crippled on PIAF?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's not crippled. If you want commercial modules, click Commercial button to turn it on in Module Admin. Simple as that.

First and foremost, we're an open source project. Many don't need or want commercial modules which are not open source. So... by default, it's OFF. But everything is in place to work when it's switched ON. Once it's ON, Commercial modules are blended in with all the rest which we felt might cause complaints from certain folks that might believe we were bundling commercial alternatives under the open source umbrella. Not everyone feels that way, but some certainly do. Hope that clarifies.

Reaction score
Ward I think his title was wrong he was referencing the System Admin Module, not the Module Admin Module in his post... there are some Gotchas when utilizing the SysAdmin Pro functions with Distro's other than the FreePBX Distro, we clearly identify those here: http://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=10421036

Some of the "Pro" functions require dependencies that are not built in to every Distro... and PIAF has it's own update process via the Linux CLI.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Sorry. I changed the title. Not sure I know what the System Admin Module is. We don't cripple it. I don't think we even load it for the reasons I outlined above. We don't do RPM upgrades of Asterisk obviously, and it's unnecessary unless you're using Commercial modules if I understand correctly. You can obviously tell that I'm not that familiar with the Commercial modules. :Angel anim:

DaveDog

Reaction score
Sorry, I was also trying to change the title. Correct Ward, it is something that needs to be added to use the Scmooze commercial modules, such as the $0 extension routing module.

DaveDog

Reaction score
Recon, thanks for the link -some of the things listed there are not showing...

For what it's worth I went through all the options on one of my green boxes and here are the details:

PBX firmware/service pack - versions not listed (I would expect this)
Abnormal call volume - unsure (it did let me enter my email address)
DNS - lists entries properly (query button doesn't seem to do anything)
Intrusion detection - lists my email and whitelist entry 127.0.0.0, will not stop service
License - works
Network Settings - lists information correctly (does not seem to accept any changes)
Notification settings - seems to work
Power options - do not work
Storage - works on my metal box, not on my RentPBX
Time Zone - shows the proper zone, submit query doesn't return anything

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
They are being loaded! We distribute your repo information with PIAF now.

Tom

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
Tom I know you distribute the repo now but are you installing those RPMs and who knows what version this op is using.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
yup we default install them on all systems that use freepbx above 2.9 now They are installed from your repo because I removed them from ours so there would not be any contention.

Tom

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Ok. I suggest the OP posts a bug report on our tracker so we can look into this.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.