FreePBX keeps crashing

gregpadgett

Reaction score
After I run my system for a couple of days without rebooting and try to log into FreePBX, I get the message below in my browser. When I get this, I can log in ssh, but the only command that will work is reboot -f - I cannot do much of anything. When I log in, the prompt is -bash 3.1. HELP!! When I reboot the system it will work ok for a couple of days. The really weird thing is, even with all of this going on, phone calls still are received and sent with no apparent problem.

FATAL ERROR

UPDATE notifications SET level = 500, display_text = 'Default SQL Password Used', extended_text = 'You are using the default SQL password that is widely known, you should set a secure password', link = '', reset = 0, candelete = 0, timestamp = 1203430271 WHERE module = 'core' AND id = 'AMPDBPASS' [nativecode=126 ** Incorrect key file for table './asterisk/notifications.MYI'; try to repair it]SQL -
UPDATE notifications SET level = 500, display_text = 'Default SQL Password Used', extended_text = 'You are using the default SQL password that is widely known, you should set a secure password', link = '', reset = 0, candelete = 0, timestamp = 1203430271 WHERE module = 'core' AND id = 'AMPDBPASS'

Reaction score
There are a few things to try....

1st is in /usr/src/freepbx there is a file called applyconf.sh try running it via ssh as ./applyconf.sh

2nd, see if you can download a new script by using update-scripts
if that works do an update-fixes

Are you sure you didn't update or change anything?

gregpadgett

Reaction score
Tried updates will see what happens

I had already rebooted the system so I tried the update-scripts and update-fixes while everything was working ok. It found some updates in the fixes script so I will see what happens.

Thanks.

gregpadgett

Reaction score
HELP - Still crashing even after updating scripts.

./applyconf.sh did not do anything.

gregpadgett

Reaction score
I applied the files to freepbx by Ward Mundy that removed the notifications about using Default SQL passwords and this problem went away. It seems there is another underlying problem here though. About the same amount of time that this problem would occur, I can log into FreePbx and Asterisk has a red error bar under Server Status. I have to physically reboot the machine to get it out of this state. Any ideas? How can I find out what is flipping out on here? Thx

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

From memory, there is a perl script that is being called that puts in these notifications, If you can find out which one it is, then run it manually, and see if that crashes the box. It sounds like somethign went amiss with your installation, and I would not trust it.

I'd do a backup, and do a reformat and build from scratch.

Joe

gregpadgett

Reaction score
Any logs to look at?

Are there any logs to look at that would point me in the right direction? I have been using asterisk for a couple of years, but have not had a system crash like this one.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

The vast majority of the logs are in /var/log/

I would suggest that the way to go about it would be to work out the circumstances that cause the failure, and see if you can replicate it manually on demand - then see what logs got updated on crash, and see if you can glean any clues from them.

Joe

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I worked with a bunch of folks once upon a time that were always asking, "Why did that happen?" Who cares! Life's too short. Something was missing from your original install. A normal PBX in a Flash system does not exhibit the problems you are seeing. Rebuild the box. If it does it again, you either have a bad hard disk, bad RAM, a bad electronic component, or an interrupt conflict. Buy a new WalMart special. Don't add any cards, and don't improve anything. Then move on. You'll never see the error again. :cool:

gregpadgett

Reaction score
Thanks - But another question.

I guess that was what I was really asking. Was this software or hardware. I have never had this before and this is a brand new machine. Will try the reload.

As far as not adding cards, I have a new Digium TDM400 - 2 port. Do these cards cause problems or are we just not adding them for testing purposes?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
After installing PBX in a Flash, just run the machine without the card for a couple of days and be sure you have a stable system. Then add the card and repeat. If weird things happen after adding the card, it's probably an interrupt conflict.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.